Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
FB_IMG_1716251635264.jpg

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Former Moose coach Scott Arniel gets the job in Winnipeg. Don't really have a strong opinion of him as a coach one way or another but given that he would've played a part in the development of guys like Raymond, Edler, Hansen, Schneider and Grabner etc. best of luck to him.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Former Moose coach Scott Arniel gets the job in Winnipeg. Don't really have a strong opinion of him as a coach one way or another but given that he would've played a part in the development of guys like Raymond, Edler, Hansen, Schneider and Grabner etc. best of luck to him.

i never watched the moose but i do remember there was a time when him going to columbus was regarded as a real loss, and there was a not insignificant contingent saying we should have fired AV (after a second straight playoff meltdown against chicago) and promote arniel

Reactions: vanuck

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
i never watched the moose but i do remember there was a time when him going to columbus was regarded as a real loss, and there was a not insignificant contingent saying we should have fired AV (after a second straight playoff meltdown against chicago) and promote arniel
Arniel at the time was an up and coming coach. In his 40s, over 700 NHL games as a player, spent time as a player in the minors, 3 years as assistant coach to Lindy Ruff (successful in his last year), and had a winning record including playoff success in his 4 years as an AHL head coach. He was also known as a player’s coach IIRC (I.e. effective communicator). He didn’t have a lot of prospects to work with but there were no glaring screwups.

That kind of resume would get him hired today.

Tanner Pearson headed to UFA for the first time. Always thought he wasn't all that great, but his production is kind of shocking considering he was on the same team and line that basically resurrected Monahan's career.
Well there was an earlier shock of him being able to shoot the puck and play in the NHL this season.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Edler spent very little time in Manitoba near as I can recall. Schneider I give *all* the credit to our always solid goaltending coach(s).

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad