Former Canucks Thread 2023-24 Edition

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
What would be the best d core of all time?

Hughes-Ohlund
Edler-Tanev
Jovo-Lumme

HM: Lidster, Salo, Hedican, Babych

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know, I hold Salo in super high regard. He had Health issues but was also so good.
I think only Jovo could play on his off wing side. Been a while since Luke so can’t recall his side. But I’d put Hughes and Ohlund as the top 2 lefts. Fine with any of Lumme, Edler, Hamhuis in the left. Lidster was a RHD so probably have him, Tanev and one of Salo or KB or Jovo as the last Dman on the right side.

Reactions: racerjoe

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Oh man, Gudbranson's whole "300 games to learn to play defense" when he was bar none the worst defensemen on the team was one of the biggest moments of complete un-self awareness I have ever seen.

This isn't to defend Gudbrandson's comments, but there is a recent interview with Dale Tallon who repeated the same 300 games line. Gudbranson probably learned that from good old Dale.

Reactions: Nucker101

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Screenshot_20240408_192118_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Paul Reinhart > anybody on the HM list imho (and it's not even close).
Agreed. Guy only played here two years and he as the best player er on the team each year. Smoothest guy other than Quintin to ever take a shift on D for this team. It was a shame his back packed it in. He had HHOF ability.

Jesus, Calgary had their own big 3 on D. Who’s better? Savard, Lapointe, Big Bird, or Suter, MacInnis and Rhino? Other than Hughes, Vancouver’s next best D man might crack the 5 hole on those teams.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

archangel2

May 19, 2019
This isn't to defend Gudbrandson's comments, but there is a recent interview with Dale Tallon who repeated the same 300 games line. Gudbranson probably learned that from good old Dale.
The 300 line has been around for a donkeys age.

Agreed. Guy only played here two years and he as the best player er on the team each year. Smoothest guy other than Quintin to ever take a shift on D for this team. It was a shame his back packed it in. He had HHOF ability.

Jesus, Calgary had their own big 3 on D. Who’s better? Savard, Lapointe, Big Bird, or Suter, MacInnis and Rhino? Other than Hughes, Vancouver’s next best D man might crack the 5 hole on those teams.
And a guy named Langway was more or less given away

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Spencer Martin sporting a 1.97 GAA and .922 SV% with the 'canes.

Imagine if he played for a good team - like the Canucks.

And I know what you are going to ask - the answer is no, I haven't forgotten* those posts about him being an AHL backup goalie.

*yes, as a matter of fact I was a toxic elephant in a past life

Good for him. Nice to see a journeyman who paid his dues in the minors end up sticking.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad