Former Canucks: Players & Management - Part 2 (The Ben Hutton Sweepstakes are over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I did that with A&W, was in a discussion with him once which got so stupid I had to block him. I pardoned him a while ago but just dont interact with him if I can avoid it.
You can mute a guy (or a thread) without blocking him, you know. :laugh:

See, the postage stamp thing is at least a direct shot at Hirsch, so I sort of get that. But I've never even talked with him!

NotJimBenning

Apr 2, 2019

Wow, you know, just a real great job by the General Manager of our team, you know, to not only trade away this guy, but uh, to get a real good foundational player in return. This is a General Manager, you know, who should be around for a real long time, uh, probably should sign a big extension real soon.

Reactions: travis scott

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Sucks to read when hes an improvement over many of our excessive plethora of bottom six forwards. Happy retirement to one of my fav Canuck forwards post-cap era.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Farewell to the dulcet-voiced Dane, one of my favourite supporting cast members from day 1. The time he crosschecked the linesman on a faceoff is lowkey one of the funniest hockey-related things I've ever seen

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
All the best to Hansen, really liked his effort when he was here

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hansen would still be better than half the guys who floated around in our bottom 6 this last season.

*edit* And also Goldobin.

take a wild guess who said:
There's going to be a lot of posters eating crow when the playoffs come around. Scott Stevens won a playoff MVP with only 2 goals and 5 assists in 25 games for the Devils. It was his physicality and intimidating play that won it for him. The playoffs are a different animal and like i said, alot of posters will be eating crow in the playoffs. I hope Crawford tastes good for you.

Confirmed with Link: - Erik Gudbranson has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Tanner Pearson

Yeah, someone sure showed us. :sarcasm: All that physicality and intimidation reeeeeeeeeeeally worked wonders for the Pens as they crashed and burned in 4 straight.

Last edited:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Guy was a long time warrior for us, hope he has a happy retirement. Is he the last 9th round pick to play in the NHL?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Guy was a long time warrior for us, hope he has a happy retirement. Is he the last 9th round pick to play in the NHL?
"The professor" played over 900 games in the NHL (Canucks 11th round pick).
Patrick Sundstrom is other 9th round pick (prior to Hansen) that played 600+ games.
Skriko was another late round pick.

Granted, there were far fewer teams then so a late round pick in say in the 80s would be a much higher overall pick than when Hansen was drafted.

Reactions: Ryp37

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hansen, who was consistently underpaid, was one season away from earning a huge pay day. Don't know what happened. A great Canuck who scored some big goals while he was here.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Loved what Hansen brought. Was underpaid but that was thanks in part of the ntc. To me, a very much valued player and something the current roster is in dire need of.

Michael Dal Swolle

Dec 15, 2013
Farewell to the dulcet-voiced Dane, one of my favourite supporting cast members from day 1. The time he crosschecked the linesman on a faceoff is lowkey one of the funniest hockey-related things I've ever seen

The league non-response still perplexes me to this day. No suspension, not even a penalty, no upset from the referees, not even an explanation from what I can recall... It was like the NHL decided it just didn't happen.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Hansen, who was consistently underpaid, was one season away from earning a huge pay day. Don't know what happened. A great Canuck who scored some big goals while he was here.

Torts happened....

His appearance with Kesler and Burrows on the third line made me set my alarm to 4 am for every Vancouver homegame, so I could start the day with a good game of hockey before going to work. Miss those days.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hansen said to Danish news, that he wanted to play, but the style he plays, took massive tolls on his body - He said his body just did not want to do what he wanted to, and also that he wakes up every morning with pains all over the body.

He is back in Manitoba with his Canadian wifw Karen and their twins.

They plan to stay in Canada.

Maybe one day Hansen gets an office job with you guys.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hansen said to Danish news, that he wanted to play, but the style he plays, took massive tolls on his body - He said his body just did not want to do what he wanted to, and also that he wakes up every morning with pains all over the body.

He is back in Manitoba with his Canadian wifw Karen and their twins.

They plan to stay in Canada.

Maybe one day Hansen gets an office job with you guys.

He always said he was very attached to both Winnipeg and Vancouver. I seem to remember him saying in an interview that he and his family “weren’t done with Vancouver”, hinting that they planned to retire here. I hope they do - would be nice to see him lace up with the Canucks Alumni.

Reactions: QuietContrarian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad