Rumor: Former assistant GM/AHL GM Eric Joyce joining Leafs front office

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Let’s wait to see acfually: Hornqvist could replace one of Hoffman or Dady’s output tbh
Lool you didn't even wait to see me finish my post, but I addressed this. This is more team talk so I'll end this discussion here and just say I hope Eric Joyce is as successful and does as good a job in Toronto as he did here :)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The best thing about this news is that it signals to me that Zito has absolute full control of hockey ops. Gives me hope there will be very limited interference from owners which has been a problem with this team for a long time, even pre-Viola.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
The best thing about this news is that it signals to me that Zito has absolute full control of hockey ops. Gives me hope there will be very limited interference from owners which has been a problem with this team for a long time, even pre-Viola.

Yup and I think to be honest they have no choice at this point.

Reactions: Bure1096

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don’t see how Zito has made the team worse overall even if Hoff is lost too.

1) It’s a team game, defense counts and we’re definitely better defensively now.
2) Bottom-6 is definitely better.
3) Top-6 is worse but not necessarily by the same margin as 1 and 2 are better. Depends on Tippett, on possibly getting Hoff back, on Deni, or another wild card. We could end up worse or about the same or even better if Hoff is back and one of the rookies works out super well.

Reactions: batting1k and zeroG

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Let’s wait to see acfually: Hornqvist could replace one of Hoffman or Dady’s output tbh

Gonna say it again. Dont expect that. He wasnt brought in to be that and for once our managment hasnt tried to sell the move as that. This is going to be a transition season. Get everyone on the god damn same page and become a TEAM. I don't expect playoffs at all and for once I'm fine with that. It's a long process to fix this TEAM. There was / is something fundamentally wrong with this team forever

Reactions: MaWa

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Cleaning house.

The only reason people believe this won’t be a few months long retool is because we have Q, Barkov, Huberdeau, and Ekblad. Unfortunately, you need more than that to be a legit good team and I think Zito realizes that.

Everyone from management to scouting to the players needs to be on the same page and you need guys that want to win and will do anything to further that cause.

But who will join the Boat then, cause it means we also get a new Vice-GM and i doesnt heard a single rumour that we was searching around. What means to me he is already in this Organisation.
But when Joyce goes, who will be next.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
But who will join the Boat then, cause it means we also get a new Vice-GM and i doesnt heard a single rumour that we was searching around. What means to me he is already in this Organisation.
But when Joyce goes, who will be next.
Oh we hired two assistant GMs: Fenton and Dudley. I’m guessing Fenton is given the AHL role; he did great for Nashville in a similar role.

I am not sure if we need more than 2: I think Tallon has one and then had Luongo and Pronger as assistants

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And that’s not to say to we should just ship them off, but I also don’t think we should put all of our hopes and dreams into them. In fact I wouldn’t mind moving Huberdeau and Ekblad if the deal was right. Of course we’ve made some moves already but entering the off season, no one on the roster should’ve been 100% off limits, except maybe Barkov.

I agree with Huberdeau if next off-season, with 2 years left, he will fetch a solid return.
What hypothetical deal would it be for Ekblad though?
For a C? W? D?
Just curious how we get better defensively without Ekblad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad