Post-Game Talk: Forgot there was a game tonight, apparently so did the sens, lose 7-3 to the leaves

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
upload_2021-2-18_22-18-37.gif

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
First goal on Hogberg was garbage as well. I do think they were tired, think they’ve been suing above their level for the past 6 games and it finally caught up. Murray was terrible too. However, we have no finish and our PP has to be the worst in the past 5 years. How are we consistently so bad with the PP??

Really hope stepan is gone by Sunday

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is a man that seems mentally done playing hockey

What? Are you saying that... because of the sound of his voice? How do you think he sounded when he was winning cups?

He's just being politically correct here and takes his blame instead of throwing the whole team under the bus. Not many played well in the first 2 periods, including himself, he wasn't a savior tonight but to pointing the fingers at him as to why we lost would be a very bad understanding of the game of hockey.

He had 5 games out of 6 with an above 0.929 SV% before that one. Didn't look like a guy mentally done playing hockey at all, he was actually the glue that helped the team settle in.

lol will you guys stop trying to single out the goalies? This team is weak, simple as that.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Lol, Tierney and Brown are not the problem. Brown is easily the hardest worker on the team.

Brown receives unwarranted flak. Did people think he was some elite first line player? He's most effective as a 3/4RW in a shutdown/PK role but because our depth sucks he's our most used RW (he's probably been our most consistent RW too). He's a very effective 30-45 point depth winger, but if he's playing 19-20 minutes a night that's not an ideal situation.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Brown receives unwarranted flak. Did people think he was some elite first line player? He's most effective as a 3/4RW in a shutdown/PK role but because our depth sucks he's our most used RW (he's probably been our most consistent RW too). He's a very effective 30-45 point depth winger, but if he's playing 19-20 minutes a night that's not an ideal situation.
This is absolutely the problem and the way they used Brown last year is example A. They're just too important to the team and relied on too much, but guys like Brown can thrive in the right role. They just have too few options in Ottawa right now and it puts so many guys out of a spot they belong in and thrust in to a role over their head like Brown last year and less so this year.

Tierney is a lot less desirable as a player than Brown, but he fits in that conversation as well.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
So an idea popped in my head and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I mean I am not certain how it would work/effect depth. However the idea is:

Stützle shifts to RW and jumps up to the Tkachuk -Norris line. I know people want Tim at C, but personally I don't know if I would shift him there until his defensive awareness is higher. Mainly, I just think Brady's game would complement Jimmy's game incredibly well. Would having Tim posted up in the O - Zone in a 1-T ready stance really be a draw back? Especially with Brady Tkachuk sitting in front to finish the play? I just think it could be a neat thing to try and see how it goes. Plus Roomies line. That's just fun

Reactions: DrEasy

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
This is absolutely the problem and the way they used Brown last year is example A. They're just too important to the team and relied on too much, but guys like Brown can thrive in the right role. They just have too few options in Ottawa right now and it puts so many guys out of a spot they belong in and thrust in to a role over their head like Brown last year and less so this year.

Tierney is a lot less desirable as a player than Brown, but he fits in that conversation as well.

Definitely agree on Tierney. I don't really think he brings anything we need, but he's one of those plug-and-play 3Cs like Lars Eller.

I would also argue that Batherson, to a certain extent, is in the same boat. I think he's looked very average but we're not putting him in a situation to succeed. He's at his best when he's playing a more support role to a high-end C, but he's more or less been having to drive play on his line. Even in his few games playing with Stutzle, a player with an elite IQ, he's looked better. Get them a C better then Stepan and I think that line would be very effective.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad