Post-Game Talk: Forgot there was a game tonight, apparently so did the sens, lose 7-3 to the leaves

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
As I said in the GDT. Sens had 40 hits tonight and both Tierney and Brown had zero.

Hard to build the identity of a tough and physical team when two key veterans refuse to play physically.

Reactions: Matsens15

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I swear with normalish goaltending we'd be much better.
I don't even need them to be a playoff team but it would be nice to not watch the goalies let in a circus of bad goals every f***ing game. Christ, that Tavares goal was so bad. I mean, I know a 7th goal is not make or break in that game but come on man, have some f***ing pride. At least give this team a chance to be .500 or just slightly better.

Reactions: albator71

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As I said in the GDT. Sens had 40 hits tonight and both Tierney and Brown had zero.

Hard to build the identity of a tough and physical team when two key veterans refuse to play physically.
So... We're hitting a lot except those two and because of that we can't have an identity as a team that hits a lot?

Not every player needs to be throwing checks, LA incorporated Gaborik into their team and he hardly symbolized their identity.

Reactions: smitty10

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Lol, Tierney and Brown are not the problem. Brown is easily the hardest worker on the team.

This. And physicality isnt why we're losing. Lacking skill is hard to over come. You can work your ass off and body check people, but at the end of the day you need skill to win consistently in this league.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
the following is mostly a joke so don't bite my head off for it:

unfortunately for both teams, guy had 2 points tonight and was -2, which means he was on the ice for 4 goals against. On the season he is -14 now, but I give him a giant pass due to 800 factors including but not limited to; him being a teenage rookie, our godawful defense, and our godawful goaltending.
Facts are facts. He definitely has some rounding out to do with his defensive game. He racked up a lot of minus in those early blow out games as well. I wouldn’t have guessed the -2 tonight, but he sure was fun to watch!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t get the “oh murray needs to be injured for daccord to come in”. Dude fake a f***ing injury it’s the easiest thing in the world.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
That 7th goal was just....ugh. Snapshot from the point, no screen, and a confused Matt Murray wondering what just happened.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Tough game. Goaltending was rough, and Murray struggling again would sink any momentum theyve had, but it would have only changed the score in this game anyways.

Tough without your best dman on an already thin lineup.

We knew there'd be more of these lopsided losses, just is what it is.

On to the next one. Maybe get Timmy a real center here soon, tough to watch him play with Stepan and a struggling Batherson this last while.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Stats are wrong, Brown had at least 3 hits in the 3rd on the forecheck. Tierney really did have zero though.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tough loss but none of this is on Murray. Goaltending is such a mental position he had no preparation no routine just came in cold turkey while our best D is out... any goalie would look bad under those circumstances

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DJ was asked what Peca brought... Answer: Speed much needed speed.... Is this looking like a very short attention span?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Team was tired tonight. They’ll come out and beat Montreal Sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad