Forecaster's predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Goaltending is huge in a short tourney. One or two soft goals at the wrong time and a team's going home.

I predict the Russians or Americans will take it all, partially because of superior goaltending.

I'm glad there's at least one realistic forecast.

ALL THE SICK "CANADA'S SOOOO DOMINANT" NAVEL-GAZING WAS NAUSEATING

I'm Canadian and proud of it, and when the puck drops I'll be cheering for Canada all the way.

But I'm a hockey fan too, and I can't just put on blinders and ignore what I see on the ice and hear about.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I agree with everything you've said here. I'd love for the U.S. to win gold again, but I have to tip my hat to Canada, and acknowledge by all accounts they have not only the best team in the tournament, but a team capable of destroying the competition. I think the Russia game is going to (obviously) set the tone for the U.S. If we can win that game, and Montoya in particular is on top of his game, we can go far.

Yeah, I said as much on another thread and I am sorry but Montoya does not have his head srcrewed on right this year. I expect Canada to simply destroy every team in their path and put on an even more dominating performance than their older brethern did during this year's World Cup.

I was talking to a well respected person who has a great deal of knowlegde about the WHL and he was getting a kick out of so many people (including the "experts") questioning Canada's goaltending. Glass, from what I hear, is the real deal and will quiet the critics. The only problem for him though is that he will not fact that many shots, limiting his chances of being named the top goaltender in the tourney.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
VOB said:
Yeah, I said as much on another thread and I am sorry but Montoya does not have his head srcrewed on right this year. I expect Canada to simply destroy every team in their path and put on an even more dominating performance than their older brethern did during this year's World Cup.

I was talking to a well respected person who has a great deal of knowlegde about the WHL and he was getting a kick out of so many people (including the "experts") questioning Canada's goaltending. Glass, from what I hear, is the real deal and will quiet the critics. The only problem for him though is that he will not fact that many shots, limiting his chances of being named the top goaltender in the tourney.

I'm not really concerned about Montoya. Put another way, I don't think he'll be the reason the U.S. doesn't do well. The defense on the other hand might be another story.....

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
If Canada's goaltending is hot, they should no doubt win the tournament. They have the best defense, no question and the forwards are only compared by Russia and US. I can't see Finland being relegated, with Tukonen/Nokelainen/Korpikoski, I would be very surprised if teams like Belarus, Switzerland or Germany could beat them. Unlike many people, I think the Czech's have potential to go a long way. With Schwarz in net, Kindl and Smid (may have been cut, I haven't seen a finalized roster yet) and Petruzalek and Kaspar, who have unbelievable chemistry along with Olesz up front, I wouldn't want to play the Czechs in the medal round.

espo*

VanIslander said:
Goaltending is huge in a short tourney. One or two soft goals at the wrong time and a team's going home.

I predict the Russians or Americans will take it all, partially because of superior goaltending.

I'm glad there's at least one realistic forecast.

ALL THE SICK "CANADA'S SOOOO DOMINANT" NAVEL-GAZING WAS NAUSEATING

I'm Canadian and proud of it, and when the puck drops I'll be cheering for Canada all the way.

But I'm a hockey fan too, and I can't just put on blinders and ignore what I see on the ice and hear about.
I share the same concerns as you......the goaltending.....it isn't proven and until it is i hate to hear the press go on bally-hooing our team.They are strong for sure but i don't care how strong the forwards and defense are.......you have to get the goaltending becuse no matter how strong our skaters are the fact remains they are not from Mars or anything like that.....until i see we are going to get the goaltending then we are susceptible.....and in a very serious way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad