Forecaster's predictions.

Discussion in '2019 IIHF World Junior Championship' started by Papa Smurf, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Registered User

2. ar_emihcrd

ar_emihcrd Guest

I know what they're doing - they are trying to reverse the jinx imposed by rest of the Canadian media.

Forecaster is smarter than I gave them credit.

3. jcpenny

jcpenny Registered User

Home Page:
    If Russia won two golds with fat Medvedev in net, i dont see why Glass couldnt do it especially with this strong line up.

4. FLYLine27*

FLYLine27* BUCH

PO

Keep thinking that. ;)

5. RaTcine

RaTcine Registered User

Weren't Kindl cut and Seydoux injured = cut too ?

6. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    I think their analysis of the U.S. team is spot on. It's unknown (of course) whether we'll actually win or not, but the strengths and weaknesses of the team are spelled out in great deal.

7. Fedz

Fedz Registered User

GM of Junior Hockey Team
    Home Page:
    Bold predictions.

8. MePutPuckInNet

MePutPuckInNet Registered User

Home Page:
    anyone know what the crazy people at forecaster's track record is on predictions for the WJC? I'm just curious.....

USA with gold :dunno: yeah, right....that's just whacked, man.

9. shveik

shveik Registered User

Inspired dilettante
    Home Page:
    USA has the best goaltending in the tournament, so I'd say they have at least as good a chance to win it as any other team.

10. Lessy

Lessy Registered User

Student
    Mr. Schwarz might have something to say about that. He has a lot to prove and the Czechs could go along way, there better then what people give them credit for. After Montoyas performance against Germany, the tourneys top goalie could get interesting.

11. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

Oh come on, he gave up three goals in an exhibition game! Big deal. Besides, unless you saw the game, you don't know the context those goals were scored, he could have been hung out to dry for all we know.

12. Lessy

Lessy Registered User

Student
    That is true, but against Germany? Anyways, your right, it was just exhibition and different line combos could be put into play. I still think Schwarz could have a better tournament than Montoya.

13. Reilly311

Reilly311 Guest

lol, the US has to win 3 or 4 more gold medals in a row to get any respect around here. Why bother arguing.

14. Reilly311

Reilly311 Guest

15. willie

willie Registered User

Home Page:
    Do you have anything else to say? :dunno:

16. BuppY

BuppY xGoodwillx

Home Page:
    I don't care who they predict to win, I'm just hoping Canada wins.

17. Le Golie

Le Golie ...

Not many people think Canada can be matched (and rightly so), but good for Forecaster for going out on a limb.

Also, after what I have seen I think Finland might be flirting with relagation. I think they are in for a tough year. Next year they should be a favourite though.

18. cagney

cagney cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Montoya doesn't always show up for the games he should have no trouble winning. OTOH, he usually does show up for the big games which is part of why he went as high as he did in the draft.

I've kept pretty quiet about my feelings but I've felt for a while now that Canada is going to win the whole thing. In fact, I think there's a very good chance they could steamroll the opposition.

The US team looks pretty good but I don't have the same confidence in them that I had in last years team. Last year I was very confident that Parise would be excellent but I am not sure any of the forwards on this years team can do what he did. I want to say O'Sullivan but with the exception of the gold medal game last year he hasn't been that impressive in the WJC's.

Ovechkin could be a force this year but I don't think the Russian team as a whole is that amazing. I thought they were overrated last year and their results proved me correct. I think they're stronger this year but not as strong as the teams that won gold for them in '02 and '03, particularly on defense. Khudobin seems to have gotten a lot of hype from his REmax performance but so did Barulin last year and look at how that ended up. I don't think they'll be able to match Canada.

The Czechs aren't that intimidating to me. I expected more production from a number of their players in their respective leagues this year.

I think the Finns will have an off year after three straight bronze medals. They'll be better next year though.

I think both Sweden and Slovakia could surprise people. Sweden in particular has played well in the tournaments they have participated in so far this year.

If the US doesn't win then I hope Canada does, even if it has to be on our own soil. I'm hoping for another hard fought North American final.

19. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager
    I agree with everything you've said here. I'd love for the U.S. to win gold again, but I have to tip my hat to Canada, and acknowledge by all accounts they have not only the best team in the tournament, but a team capable of destroying the competition. I think the Russia game is going to (obviously) set the tone for the U.S. If we can win that game, and Montoya in particular is on top of his game, we can go far.

20. cagney

cagney cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

People have different opinions on the matter but I'm always more nervous when the first game of a tournament is against one of the toughest competitors. I'd prefer to get a feel for how the team does against less powerful opposition (not including exhibition games). I think it's certainly the most important game of the preliminary round.

21. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

I've been wondering if this year's squad might mirror the 2002/03 squad in Halifax. A younger team who got blitzed by Russia early in the tournament, rebounded to make the semis, only to lost a close game (score-wise) to Canada. A key differance is I don't think this year's Russian team is as good.

22. TORRUS

TORRUS Registered User

Since there is so much talk about USA-Russia game, I wonder if it will be possible to see that game somewhere online. If yes, what kind of programs do I need to see the game? Please, help me! I'm desperate!

23. Reilly311

Reilly311 Guest

It will be on ESPN 2 in the states. Where do you live? ESPN might have it on broadband, not sure though. :dunno:

24. TORRUS

TORRUS Registered User

I'm in Croatia, south-eastern Europe. There should be a coverage of that game somewhere on internet! Right?

25. Crosbyfan

Crosbyfan Registered User

They're out on a twig!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.