For the USA to Win Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
We all know that for team USA to win gold they have to have a strong base of Minnesota born players. At least 70%. So we will not win this year but in 2010 we could be very strong. The forwrds are looking a bit thin but the blue line is solid.

Up front: Parrish, Lanenbrunner, Parise, Mueller, Eaves, Oshie, Wheeler, Bochenski, Stoa, Okposo, Backes and Chad Roberg has an outside chance too.

But on D. Leopold, Martin, Ballard, E. Johnson, Stuart, Pressieng, Lee, Niskanen, Goligoski, Thelen, Smaby

Frazee, Hauser and Berkoel in the net.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
so...for the USA to win gold, they'll have to wait minimum 4 years and still hope that no other country develops ANY good hockey players?

i don't get the purpose of this thread. and frankly, i don't know who half the people you listed are.

greatwhite101*

MN_Gopher said:
We all know that for team USA to win gold they have to have a strong base of Minnesota born players. At least 70%. So we will not win this year but in 2010 we could be very strong. The forwrds are looking a bit thin but the blue line is solid.

Up front: Parrish, Lanenbrunner, Parise, Mueller, Eaves, Oshie, Wheeler, Bochenski, Stoa, Okposo, Backes and Chad Roberg has an outside chance too.

But on D. Leopold, Martin, Ballard, E. Johnson, Stuart, Pressieng, Lee, Niskanen, Goligoski, Thelen, Smaby

Frazee, Hauser and Berkoel in the net.
Russia and Canada already have better talent on paper in forward position.
Who knows maybe Bobby Ryan will become 60 goal scorer.

greatwhite101*

AvsGuy said:
so...for the USA to win gold, they'll have to wait minimum 4 years and still hope that no other country develops ANY good hockey players?

i don't get the purpose of this thread. and frankly, i don't know who half the people you listed are.

I agree

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA

They're hockey players. Many of them first round picks (Or future first rounders). For somebody that has over 3,000 posts on a website run by Hockey's FUTURE that speaks volumes.

I'm assuming you mean Jamie Langenbrunner. I don't see him having a chance in hell of making team USA in 2010.

I can see Team USA 2010 including
Gionta and Gomez Parise, Schremp, O'Sullivan, Kessel, Ryan, Skille, Fritsche

on D - Leopold, Liles J. Johnson, E. Johnson, Lee, Martin, Stuart, Ballard and of course.....Chris Chelios.

DiPietro or Miller in net. I don't see Montoya developing into Team USA go-to guy.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
This is not team USA people. All the people I listed are born in Minnesota, the state. If you look back at other team USA teams that won gold the majority of the players were from the state of Minnesota. So i thought we had to go back to our roots. Take a bunch of guys form Minnesota and a few from Boston and we will win gold again.

The 55 team had 8 Minnesotians
The 60 team had 9 Minnesotians
The 80 team had 18 Minnesotians although only 13 i think played in the Olympic Games.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
MeffyuhTJRest said:
They're hockey players. Many of them first round picks (Or future first rounders). For somebody that has over 3,000 posts on a website run by Hockey's FUTURE that speaks volumes.

Don't further confuse Avsfan with first round prospects, he's already sobbing in his beer about the last draft where 9 Americans went in the first round.

wildone26*

This time around they need a repeat of Miracle on Ice. To have any chance to win in four years they need to get their younger players out there and playing more. They are doing that this time around with the team they picked, I was surprised Chelios was on the team, but I guess they figured his veteran leadership on the blueline would be good for the team.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
This is not team USA people. All the people I listed are born in Minnesota, the state. If you look back at other team USA teams that won gold the majority of the players were from the state of Minnesota. So i thought we had to go back to our roots. Take a bunch of guys form Minnesota and a few from Boston and we will win gold again.

Or just pick players that will form the best team. I don't give a River Rat's *** if they're from Boston or Minnesota as long as they are willing to play their heart out for the gold. That was the whole point behind Herb Brooks' team building.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
MN_Gopher said:

The 80 team had 18 Minnesotians although only 13 i think played in the Olympic Games.

???????????

What does the make-up of the '80 and '60 olympic teams have to do with anything today?

If anything, a future successful USA team will have to be made from mostly non-Minnesota kids.

Brown
Kessel
Gomez
Ryan
Schremp
Johnson
Whitney
Liles
Skille
Kesler
DiPietro
Connolly
O'Sullivan
Legwand
Suter
Gleason
Higgins
Montoya
Fritsche
Hall
Bourque

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
AvsGuy said:

You didn't know how to pronounce Toews, who is from a neighboring province of yours, so I'm not surprised you don't know who half these players are.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wildone26 said:
This time around they need a repeat of Miracle on Ice. To have any chance to win in four years they need to get their younger players out there and playing more. They are doing that this time around with the team they picked, I was surprised Chelios was on the team, but I guess they figured his veteran leadership on the blueline would be good for the team.

This isn't a group of doe-eyed college kids against the Soviet machine, so let's stop with the "Miracle on Ice" references. I will acknowledge that the U.S. is a long-shot for gold, but it wouldn't be a generational shocker if the team somehow pulled it off either.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
MN_Gopher said:

I have to agree with Gopher... Minnesota is as close to being Canada as the States gets... so it makes sense that hockey champions would come from there...

Unfortunately... as long as Canada is allowed to bring thier best to the Olympics... the US will never win gold...

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
As a Canadian, I look forward to playing that team, we can play our grinders to make it fair.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
jet228 said:
Unfortunately... as long as Canada is allowed to bring thier best to the Olympics... the US will never win gold...

Aha are you Nastradamus or something like that ? :dunno:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Rabid Ranger said:
You didn't know how to pronounce Toews, who is from a neighboring province of yours, so I'm not surprised you don't know who half these players are.

i have never heard the name Toews other than on these message boards. The fact that he is from a neighboring province in a country as diverse in Canada is completely irrelevant, so that shot wasn't entirely necessary. Brother.

This site is about Hockey's Future, so to examine the future of hockey in the States is not off topic at all, and I will be the first to admit that I'm not knowledgable about most prospects in the slightest. however, tons of those guys are undrafted. Why WOULD i know them? You don't know the undrafted guys I play with at rec hockey, do you?

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Don't further confuse Avsfan with first round prospects, he's already sobbing in his beer about the last draft where 9 Americans went in the first round.

first off, try harder next time to get my user name right. its only 6 letters.

second, kudos to you for bringing out that 9 Americans went in the first round. I didn't know that. And I still can't bring myself to care, nor should I. its great for the future of US hockey that they can have great young players getting attention from NHL scouts. however, until that translates into Olympic success, which I'm assuming is the point of this thread, then you've got no point.

PS. you counted 9 Americans taken in the first round. did you bother to count the Canadians by any chance?

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Rush5Collapse5 said:

2005 NHL draft?

I count 8 :biglaugh:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Americans in the 1st rd of 2005 Draft:
#2 - Ryan
#3 - Johnson
#7 - Skille
#9 - Lee
#22 - Lashoff
#24 - Oshie
#27 - Finley
#28 - Niskanen

8 over all.

Randall Graves*

AvsGuy said:

This is basically a Minnesotta ROXXORS!1!!1 thread.

Randall Graves*

jet228 said:
I have to agree with Gopher... Minnesota is as close to being Canada as the States gets... so it makes sense that hockey champions would come from there...

Yeah Canada wins gold every year.

espo*

Fake Plastic Sabre said:
Even if they do, they'll still finish with tons less metals than the U.S. in every other event.
What!! we're a metal heaven up here.......................tons and tons of mining for metals of every kind.While the U.S sure puts out it's share of metal,Canada takes a back seat to no-one in metal production.I can't see the U.S out-stripping us in metal production any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad