Pre-Game Talk: For the next game, always for the next game.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Lets try something new and bold and pointless Very much worth while.

Maybe if we have a Pre-Game Thread for the season... we will actually be ready for when the real game comes along. So post gifs and crap.... or talk, talkings good too.

Ok Right now the situation is this.

OFDVIsm.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm becoming more okay with riding the season with these players. Even a top 4 RD probably isn't enough for a Cup this season so the assets could be wasted, and we've already done enough of that.

If we get a high pick, and another 1st, while giving our rookie defensemen some NHL games to develop later in the season, it could put us closer to the Cup sooner.

Or the team could get it together and make the playoffs. Don't add until the deadline though, and even then only small and if this team has given you reason to believe it could be worthwhile.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Blackhawks are playing the Stars better than we did. They are playing Khudobin but still.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Is Georgiev too high a shot to take at looking for a backup? I would trust them to give him a ton of games to rest Fleury and give us almost equal goaltending in those games.

It could help us spend less in a trade for a lower end defenseman instead of a higher end, more expensive one. While also possibly addressing the need for a Fleury successor.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I really thought tomorrow's game would be the third jerseys, it doesn't make sense not to have them for the start of holiday buying season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I really thought tomorrow's game would be the third jerseys, it doesn't make sense not to have them for the start of holiday buying season.

I asked Granger a few days ago about the status of announcing alternate; he didn't have any update.

So, who knows when it'll be released.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can a team go deep in the playoffs with only left handed defensemen getting most of the minutes? To RD or not to RD, that is the question. I mean aside from Engo. Can a team even make the playoffs?

Consider the cost of acquiring a top 4 RD this season (plus cap implications) vs the many available lefties. Also consider Whitecloud and Coghlan aren't too far off (and haven't even been given a chance this season, really).

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Can a team go deep in the playoffs with only left handed defensemen getting most of the minutes? To RD or not to RD, that is the question. I mean aside from Engo. Can a team even make the playoffs?

Consider the cost of acquiring a top 4 RD this season (plus cap implications) vs the many available lefties. Also consider Whitecloud and Coghlan aren't too far off (and haven't even been given a chance this season, really).
When Hawks got a cup playing only their top 4, Seabrook was the only RHD out of those 4. So it's possible I'd say.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Eakin out week to week with a concussion. Down to 1 Cody

Marchy Billy Smitty
Patchy Paulie Stoney
Carrie Glassy Tucky
Nosey Roy-ey Reaves

When Hawks got a cup playing only their top 4, Seabrook was the only RHD out of those 4. So it's possible I'd say.

Plus there's always Honka awaiting a trade...

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Would anyone trade Schuldt for Honka? Neither would play this season and probably have similar ceilings and are similar in age but Honka is an RD which we need more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad