Proposal: For the Krug-Bartkowski Believers: Make a Deal

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You keep them all right now, especially since McQuaid has proven he cannot stay healthy for a full season, the uncertainty of which kid will prove himself, Chara and Seids starting to show some signs of aging, etc etc. A d group that's 7 deep will help out a lot. You switch out someone for the extra when there's a slump, nagging injury, poor play, etc etc. In a perfect world, the games played would be something around this:

Chara: 80 games
Seids: 78 games
Boychuk: 75 games
Hamilton: 75 games
McQuaid: 60 games
Krug: 45 games
Bartkowski: 45 games
Vet Dman: 10 games

I like that a lot ,your missing 24 man games though, so Bart and Krug could get another dozen games each in they should be happy with something like that. Not sure what we need the Vet D for if he's only gonna play 10 games considering our cap issues. I'd give those games to Bart and Krug as well that will have them in the same amount of games as Quaider.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like that a lot ,your missing 24 man games though, so Bart and Krug could get another dozen games each in they should be happy with something like that. Not sure what we need the Vet D for if he's only gonna play 10 games considering our cap issues. I'd give those games to Bart and Krug as well that will have them in the same amount of games as Quaider.

Expecting only 7 dmen will play is a fantasy. Hell, even my mark of having 8 guys is short. Here's the recent number of dmen that suited up for the Bruins each year since Julien has been the coach:

07-08: 10
08-09: 10
09-10: 12
10-11: 11
11-12: 11
12-13: 10

These are typical numbers around the league. Suspensions, injuries, trades, poor play, matchups.... things happen over the course of 82 games. Having organizational depth is important.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Expecting only 7 dmen will play is a fantasy. Hell, even my mark of having 8 guys is short. Here's the recent number of dmen that suited up for the Bruins each year since Julien has been the coach:

07-08: 10
08-09: 10
09-10: 12
10-11: 11
11-12: 11
12-13: 10

These are typical numbers around the league. Suspensions, injuries, trades, poor play, matchups.... things happen over the course of 82 games. Having organizational depth is important.

Very true but those guys often come in later in the year and play very few games to say we use 10 d when the three extra only played a total of 17 man games is exaggerating the point a little, often these guys are seeing short TOI to boot. We still have guys in Prov. to plug a hole here and there. If we analize this is exactly what happened last year Krug and Bart were on the farm and Redden was a trade deadline add on.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Very true but those guys often come in later in the year and play very few games to say we use 10 d when the three extra only played a total of 17 man games is exaggerating the point a little, often these guys are seeing short TOI to boot. We still have guys in Prov. to plug a hole here and there. If we analize this is exactly what happened last year Krug and Bart were on the farm and Redden was a trade deadline add on.

Yes... but what you did in your last post was subtract a vet dman and give those games to Bart and Krug. My point is that it's not gonna happen. Either we'll see a vet dman come in to play sparingly or several. Still, they take up man games and to expect just 7 guys to rotate 6 spots for all 82 games is foolish.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yes... but what you did in your last post was subtract a vet dman and give those games to Bart and Krug. Not gonna happen. Either we'll see a vet dman come in to play sparingly or several. Still, they take up man games and to expect just 7 guys to rotate 6 spots for 82 games is foolish.

Fair enough we'll give Morrow and Warsofsky 5 games each. Nothing is set in stone as you pointed out injuries,trades,......will throw any plan you make off the rails, but you do need a plan to start.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Despite all the impressive restraint and sage points contained herein, I am an early adopter of both Krug and Bartkowski. I may be wrong about one or both of these guys, but I don't think so.

We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad