For Matthews, what is his best shot?

Matthews' best shot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
All his shots are amazing. He blew a bullet wrist shot by Oilers Smith tonight off the crossbar. Smith did not even see it, beat clean.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I mean what's the differnce between a wrister/snapper in a guy like Matthews' case?

His release is so fast, there's almost no difference.

All his shots are amazing. He blew a bullet wrist shot by Oilers Smith tonight off the crossbar. Smith did not even see it, beat clean.

??

That was a change up and pinball shot that went off two Oiler skates.

Reactions: bh53 and slapKing

Mar 26, 2010
I mean what's the differnce between a wrister/snapper in a guy like Matthews' case?

??

Not the game winner he scored to beat the Oilers tonight. The one I was talking about was in the 2nd period.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
The speed and accuracy of the pucks coming of his stick is is greatest weapon, Not sure if anybody tracks how fast a player get the puck and shoots but yea hes a smooth criminal.

Reactions: slapKing

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
If I had to rank them

Wrist shot
Snap/Backhand shot
One timer
Slap shot

His slapper isn't bad it's improved a lot these last 2 years when he changed his flex on his stick and his willingness to shoot more that style. It has a fair amount of power but it's more deadly accurate. He doesn't often wind up and shoot it. He almost always scores his slap shots via one timer.

Snap and Backhand is hard to judge. He almost always wrists his shots. With snaps coming off the rush and some other ways. He likes to use Backhand when deking by players. And going in on a goalie will be back hand or Snap. Pretty even.

Wrist shot is just hands down the best no explanation needed. By far his best shooting aspect.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If I had to rank them

Wrist shot
Snap/Backhand shot
One timer
Slap shot

His slapper isn't bad it's improved a lot these last 2 years when he changed his flex on his stick and his willingness to shoot more that style. It has a fair amount of power but it's more deadly accurate. He doesn't often wind up and shoot it. He almost always scores his slap shots via one timer.

Snap and Backhand is hard to judge. He almost always wrists his shots. With snaps coming off the rush and some other ways. He likes to use Backhand when deking by players. And going in on a goalie will be back hand or Snap. Pretty even.

Wrist shot is just hands down the best no explanation needed. By far his best shooting aspect.

Rarely anyone winds up and does a slapshot if it's not a one timer though. Spezza is one of the few I see do this from time to time.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

??

Not the game winning goal. In the second period he carried the puck in with a bit of space and shot a dirty wrister. Beat Smith with rocket but hit the cross bar and out.

The game winning goal was obviously luck but he got unlucky with the cross bar and Smith robbing him in 3 really good slot zone chances

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Almost all his best goals seem to be wristers from what i've seen.. pretty much like a patented shot and it's the first thing that comes to mind when i think of him. So that i guess.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Wrist, but his greatest ability is his anticipation to find the open areas on the ice to score.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Rum.

47C4AD6A-9147-4EDC-AA63-9CBE34F2FF17.png

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Wrist, I guess, but it's more so his release than any particular shot. He doesn't slide his hand down the shaft of his stick when he shoots, he just always plays with his hands in shooting position, so his shot has no tell and he can release the puck faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad