For how long would someone be suspended in the NHL for this incident?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Yesterday it was announced that this incident led to a 17-game suspension with the police involved.

"Danish player Kristian Jensen got suspended 17 games for this today and was also charged by the police. The victim, Lucas Bjerre Rasmussen got a broken bone in his face and a serious concussion from it."

As the title says, how many games would the player get in the NHL if he did something similar?

Here's the video from YouTube. The gif just isn't enough to go by. Definitely a brutal thing to do.

Add this video to your original post if you like.

:)

As for the NHL punishment idk. Probably pretty harsh but fair whomever did it. The league has laid down some pretty long suspensions for brutal stuff and I'd think they would here too. The injured players helmet came off and Jensen punched his head into the ice. That's just terrible. It would be a lengthy suspension for sure.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Bertuzzi with 20 games and McSorely with 23 games for their incidents I feel are the closest examples we have to something of this level. However that was 15 and 19 years ago and both those suspensions would likely be twice as long in today's NHL.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
George Parros would probably have trouble with this one with the way he looks at things..Suspension or no suspension..?hmmm

I would kick this guy out of the league permanently.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
5 for fighting and a game misconduct for being the aggressor. Possibly no suspension.

Getting the police involved is absurd
the guy punched the dude in head on the ground it would be lucky if he didn't get assault charges if that was in the NHL.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Gloved punch as well... purely gutless.

Gms... not even gonna guess... a lot more than 17 in the NHL cuz the exposure would so much more extreme... optics are horrible... gloves punch, skull into the ice... broken orbital bone... guy would be roasted greater than Bertuzzi's (fake) 1 yr suspension.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Kinda hard to figure out where Bettman's wheel of justice would land but I'd assume he would be suspended at least half the season, reduced to 10 games if he were on a popular team.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Known POS Alexandre Burrows was suspended 10 games for doing something similar to Taylor Hall in 2018. He even threw a knee at Hall's head.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How has the Bertuzzi incident not been posted yet?

Bertuzzi was suspended like 20 games, charged by police, and sued.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
2-41 depending on suspension history and the value of the leprechaun dollar. If he had punched him anywhere but the head, nothing.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
What about the goalie who almost skate over the throat if his teammate?

I always find it very stupid when a thing like that happens, players around are trying to venge their teammate who's hurt on the ice, but don't give a shi* about him at the same while skating over him

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I look at that clip and see something similar to the Bertuzzi incident. A bit different but close enough.

Thats the barometer for this i think.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
No. 10,000 fans called the police.

The police did not look into it obviously
There were people thinking it was intentional, so with the injuries being severe theoretically that police can get involved if they thought something was intentional causing harm away from actual play. I didn’t think they actually moved to charge for the Chara hit, but I thought I remember reading that they did look into it, rather than completely ignore it from the start.

That incident in the OP, if the guy gets really hurt could and probably should get looked at. Anyone who attacks an unsuspecting and or defenseless player should be punished harshly (and definitely should be vulnerable to civil suits), and that they don’t always is a serious tarnish on league.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Knowing the NHL, it'd probably depend heavily on who did it, to whom he did it, and whether that guy was injured. It should be a lengthy suspension regardless of any of the above, but the DOPS is clown shoes so :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad