OT: Football Thread

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Great job Joe Schoen! I wanted Harrison, Alt or Nabors.

The NYG brass did so much work in QBs. Really believe it’s gonna be JJ even if I don’t like it. Hope Daboll can work some magic.
I think the Chargers and the Giants were both hoping someone would pay a fortune to trade up for JJ but nobody was willing.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Nice pick by the Giants. The JJ stuff scared the shit out of me. I don't like Jones but we couldn't waste a top 10 pick on a QB when we needed a player now. If Jones sucks and we lose out and end up top 3-5, then you get your QB. Just ride it out

And not sure why the Jets went Oline with a possible gamebreaker in Bowers right there. I know there are injuries but Bowers helps you now and in the future. Wilson, Hall, and Bowers with a healthy Rodgers would have been scary

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Giants fans are so crazy. They hate Jones but want to overdraft QB 4 at #6 (albeit in a great QB draft). Why draft a QB just to draft a QB? So we get stuck with another Daniel Jones or maybe an Andy Dalton type QB? He was compared to Alex Smith on NFL Network I believe. And that's fine and good but to win SBs unless you're absolutely stacked you need better than that. And look at SF twice they lost to a team arguable worse than them outside of a QB because they played Mahomes and they had a so so QB.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Giants fans are so crazy. They hate Jones but want to overdraft QB 4 at #6 (albeit in a great QB draft). Why draft a QB just to draft a QB? So we get stuck with another Daniel Jones or maybe an Andy Dalton type QB? He was compared to Alex Smith on NFL Network I believe. And that's fine and good but to win SBs unless you're absolutely stacked you need better than that. And look at SF twice they lost to a team arguable worse than them outside of a QB because they played Mahomes and they had a so so QB.
Two other things.

1. Some teams like the Jets have drafted multiple QBs in the first round with disappointing results.

2. Look at SF. They paid a fortune to draft Trey Lance and then get their actual QB in the 7th round.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jets did the right thing
Absolutely. This team has had an inferior OL for nearly a decade. You need pieces for the long haul. You have your three young OL and a couple vets to teach them.

Now you trade back into the 2nd. You have two 3rd and three 4ths. There are a slew of WRs to get in the 2nd.

Reactions: majordomo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Two other things.

1. Some teams like the Jets have drafted multiple QBs in the first round with disappointing results.

2. Look at SF. They paid a fortune to draft Trey Lance and then get their actual QB in the 7th round.

7th round is a stretch but Giants fans drool over Howie Roseman and he got his QB in the second round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad