OT: Football Thread

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Why would any teams tell the media what they plan to do in terms of trading up or drafting a certain position? Feels like a few teams are putting out smoke shows. LOL or is that what they want us to believe :D

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I bet there are a couple teams that would be interested in Wilson if he were cut and they could sign him for cheap. But, they don't want to trade for him and take on his salary. Johnson is just bluffing about being willing to keep him, hoping he can convince one of those teams to actually go ahead and make a trade. That would be my guess. I could see the Jets even holding onto him until camp, but I have a hard time seeing him on the roster all season.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The "hip drop" ban is one of the dumbest things the NFL has ever done.
Gonna make the NFL even harder to watch when flags are going to be thrown at random on everyday ordinary tackles.

When people say the NHL is the “best sport/worst league” or that NHL officiating is the worst in sports, I laugh. The NFL is a malignant tumor. It has almost killed my love of the sport of football.

As many bozo moves the NHL has pulled , including the lockouts, I still love hockey as much as ever.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Gonna make the NFL even harder to watch when flags are going to be thrown at random on everyday ordinary tackles.

When people say the NHL is the “best sport/worst league” or that NHL officiating is the worst in sports, I laugh. The NFL is a malignant tumor. It has almost killed my love of the sport of football.

As many bozo moves the NHL has pulled , including the lockouts, I still love hockey as much as ever.
Next season may be a mess of questionable calls.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Great deal but I have no clue what Carolina is doing in general. What a bizarre team.
Their owner David 'I am superior because I worked at Goldman and own a hedge fund' Tepper is a a very wealthy form of an cruel and impulsive child who changes direction like the wind and has not problem bigfooting his personnel department (see Young, Bryce and Burns, Brian). I'm sure their new GM Dan Morgan is being compensated will for his efforts but boy do I feel sorry for that dude.

Still blows my mind that they had an offer of two first round picks on the table for Burns at last year's trade deadline and turned that down only to dump him for a second and a fifth to the Giants. Yeah, the Giants had to fork over the extension but the Rams wouldn't have let him walk either.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Their owner David 'I am superior because I worked at Goldman and own a hedge fund' Tepper is a a very wealthy form of an cruel and impulsive child who changes direction like the wind and has not problem bigfooting his personnel department (see Young, Bryce and Burns, Brian). I'm sure their new GM Dan Morgan is being compensated will for his efforts but boy do I feel sorry for that dude.

Still blows my mind that they had an offer of two first round picks on the table for Burns at last year's trade deadline and turned that down only to dump him for a second and a fifth to the Giants. Yeah, the Giants had to fork over the extension but the Rams wouldn't have let him walk either.

I'm pretty sure if Tepper thinks he's superior it's because of his hedge fund not because he worked in Goldman like thousands others.

Also, I went to a school bearing his name where he was an alum and he came on campus a few times. He does not give off the vibe you mentioned. I had my 1 year reunion the same year he had his 35 year reunion and he was quietly standing in the corner in a nondescript polo and jeans. I know that he hasn't had a great start as an owner but I feel like that description of him is not entirely fair.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
The "hip drop" ban is one of the dumbest things the NFL has ever done.
Every year, the NFL makes it harder to play defense. TEs are going to put up comical numbers next season. They're also going to get a whole hell of a lot more knee injuries, if I had to guess. How else is a DB going to tackle them, other than going right for the knees?

If you hit too hard when trying to separate the receiver from the ball, you get flagged. It's going to be hard to play trailing coverage, because those coverages end in hip drop tackles immediately after the catch often. I just don't understand what the NFL owners are trying to accomplish with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad