Football manager(the game)

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
There are a bunch. There is already a thread in here can't find it.

I bought FM16 this year like 4 momths ago but I have yet to play it :( can't find time anymore with family and kids

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There are a bunch. There is already a thread in here can't find it.

I bought FM16 this year like 4 momths ago but I have yet to play it :( can't find time anymore with family and kids

I always find it weird when I peg certain posters age and then they reveal this kind of stuff.:laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm in the same boat. With sports and wife/daughter/dog/house as well as work it's become a bit difficult to find time to play but it's probably my favourite all-time game and I get the new version every year whether or not I get to play it much.

Have only finished 1 full season with Liverpool and 1 full season with Heerenveen and I've had it since it came out. :(

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I've been staying on FM2014 until 2017 is released, but I've got over 400 hours on it. Granted that's not all real "playing" since I often have it open on my laptop at home and will stop for a moment to continue on or do a little management.

Right now I'm at the end of my 2020-2021 season in my main career. Started out at Oxford, promoted to League One first season, top half finish there second season, then won promotion to the Championship in the third season. Contract expired so I moved over to recently demoted Watford and got them promoted again. Second season was a solid top half EPL season with a great run to the FA cup. Third season I went insane and bought a ton of talent (something like 175M spent). Ended up winning the league and the European Cu (Europa League), but the board didn't want to invest enough money to offset the transfer losses so we got disqualified from the Champions League for the next season.

During that last season United was on iffy ground (originally Moyes had won three straight EPL titles, but the next three years weren't great) so I didn't want to re-up my original three year deal because I wanted the United post if it opened. Moyes ended up rescuing himself so I sat for the first month or so of the 19-20 season until Napoli reached out to me.

Somehow Napoli had turned into a real force in this campaign, making strong runs in the CL, but had slipped a bit that season and fired their manager. I took over and went on an incredible run with all the talent he left. Won Serie A, the Italian cup and the CL, although my CL route was interesting as I faced Celtic in the Semis and Spartak Moscow in the Quarters.

This season has been even better. They gave me $100M to spend, so when combined with the young talent they had left, I was easily the favorite to repeat all my titles. So far, everything is on track. Clinched Serie A with about 8 games left, in the CL finals, in the Italian cup finals and won a couple other trophies (super cup, club world championship).

Near the beginning of this last season I wanted to add some international experience to my resume so I took the open England post, not much has happened on that front as we're in a fairly trivial group to qualify for the world cup.

Really waiting on Moyes contract to expire at the end of the year and hoping United don't renew him. Despite Napoli having incredible talent right now, I want the United post.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Just got my lowly Colwyn Bay to the Premier League after 9 seasons in FM 2014.

And now I have to sign 8 english trained players to register my team because my players are welsh trained.

FUN.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'm still on FM14... looking to buy FM17 too.
FM16 is just 18€ on Steam sales... is it worth it or I better wait for FM17?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'm addicted to it.

Took Liverpool on a whim, have had a blast - the EPL is so fun to manage.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I've been managing Dinamo Zagreb for a while now. It's been fun, trying to keep all that talent in Croatia for longer than Dinamo does IRL, while at the same time also trying to bring back Modric, Mandzukic, etc when they're not good enough anymore for the top leagues.
I'm in my 7th season and finally reached my first CL final. Lost to Bayern though. (7th straight year either Bayern or Barça won it).
It's a challenging save because you can't just buy a boatload of cheap African or Brazilian newgens. There's an actual foreign players limit in Croatia. So you have no choice but do everything you can to develop homegrown talent.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I have 924 hours played on FM16. Had a save with Dynamo Dresden going but lost interest when other clubs stole all my main transfer targets after I got promoted to the 2. Bundesliga.

Think I'm done with the game for this year.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Have played it for like 5 years. Skipped 2016 for really no good reason. Waiting on 2017 before getting back into it. I like taking a lower league team, one I think might be realistic for someone like me to coach and promoting them up through the leagues.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I only play Football Manager Mobile...currently on 2016. I'm not sure I have any time for the full blown version! It's immersive enough to scratch the itch and being mobile allows me a chance to sneak in some time here and there. It's also nice with Google Rewards, I don't have to ever pay to upgrade year to year.:)

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I had a save go until like 2056 in FM '09...I don't think I've got beyond 2018 in a save since.

Right now doing one where I manage Canada and then try to make TFC into a kind of NT feeder club (pretty much all Canadians, a ton of U-23/academy players, same tactics etc). The re-gen class when starting the game was really good so think it will work out pretty well.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I've been managing Dinamo Zagreb for a while now. It's been fun, trying to keep all that talent in Croatia for longer than Dinamo does IRL, while at the same time also trying to bring back Modric, Mandzukic, etc when they're not good enough anymore for the top leagues.

I am trying to get Joe Allen to my welsh team. He'd rather sit on the bench in liverpool than play with my awful PL team xD

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I am trying to get Joe Allen to my welsh team. He'd rather sit on the bench in liverpool than play with my awful PL team xD

I used to have that issue with my old Celtic saves. Every time I would try and sign Bale and Ramsey they wouldn't come. This was when they were just signing for Spurs and Arsenal. The editor makes for great headway when it comes to transfers like that. :D

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'm still on FM14... looking to buy FM17 too.
FM16 is just 18€ on Steam sales... is it worth it or I better wait for FM17?

Is 4 months of fun worth 18€ to you? As long as I was actually going to play it I would do it at that price. I paid like $35 for it at release, didn't even play it for months, played it a ton and now haven't played it in forever again.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If you're thinking of getting it you might as well wait until FM17.

I started in Malta with the aim of making them good like Iceland.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Trying to hang on in the EPL with a decent Championship team xD

4-3-3

IF - F9 - IF

AP (s) - BWM (s)
DLP (s)

CWB (a) - LD (x) - LD (c) - FB (s)

As it is 2019 the only recognizable player is an awful Rooney who is basically a bench warmer tutoring my forwards..

I try to snag Welsh internationals when possible. Joe Allen would be nice..

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I started in Malta with the aim of making them good like Iceland.

Those kind of games are a lot of fun if you've got the patience for it.

I actually made Iceland really good one time. Even saw another Icelandic club win the Europa League about 23 seasons in.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Portugal and Ireland always get insane regens, making them powerhouses about 10 years in.

The worst is Mexico :laugh:

In my FM '09 one I got Canada to pretty much the overall level that the US is now (made the World Cup QF in 2030 and 2046, hung in the 20-30 range in the rankings with a couple spikes either way), but I won one Gold Cup I think out of the 25 or so I played in because Mexico was an entire team of 180+ CA. It was just impossible.

Also the fact that I can 100% remember what random years I made the QF in from a save that is almost 10 years old now is so, so sad.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Hah. Yeah. Same here, every single save it's Mexico ruling the football world with the sickest newgens :laugh: I always apply for the job but get rejected every single time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad