Following the Stanley Cup & More

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
CvtZp8LWAAAytFF.jpg

The FO/Staff/Ownership takes up more room than the players :laugh:

And, hello, Kevin Porter ...

I thought it was 52 names was the limit?

They have 24 players and 24 staff for 48.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Dupuis being on there over a single player who played a single postseason game is a joke.

To be honest, I'd have been more ok with Mike Therrien getting his name on the 09 Cup than Dupuis getting his name on this one.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Dupuis should not be on the cup... Yeah, I get why he's on there, but they should definitely put players that played more so than players that supported from the sideline.

Porter made the cut off and was going to be on regardless.
Bennett doesn't belong, so whatever.
I thought Pouliot made it? Didn't he play in the finals? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
I was also kind of surprised Zatkoff made it. I guess games as a backup count towards the total?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think they petitioned to get Zatkoff's name on there. Still, it's an absolute joke that Dupuis was included and guys like Bennett weren't, that's probably the most unjust thing I've seen this organization do in recent years.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
I think they petitioned to get Zatkoff's name on there. Still, it's an absolute joke that Dupuis was included and guys like Bennett weren't, that's probably the most unjust thing I've seen this organization do in recent years.

But everybody loves Dupers!! :sarcasm:

It sucks that Porter is on there as well...Bennett contributed more in his 33 RS games than Porter did in his 41. Porter was one of the most useless players on the team...a younger version of Adams who did absolutely nothing but taking a spot from a younger and better player.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Don't forget, Duper may not have been playing but he was basically a staffer throughout the season. If all the others get on without question, surely the team's opinion to include him can be accepted. I won't get into him vs. others, but I don't think it should be considered an abomination that his name is on there.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
For those who were bothered by the placement during the banner raising ...

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Kevin Porter might be the least deserving player to ever have his name on the cup. Here for all of the bad times last year, coach gets fired, then immediately gets hurt. He had literally no hand in the success of the team

I'll raise you with Jeff Daniels from Penguins' earlier Stanley Cup teams. Daniels played 2 games (no points) on 91-92 Penguins team during regular season while spending most of season in the minors, yet somehow still managed to get his name on the Cup.

That's like Josh Archibald getting his name on last years Cup team....

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Seems lame the video guy gets on before him.

I don't think I've heard of a team doctor going on, either. It's probably happened, but rarely.

With the amount of injuries the Pens get every year. I'd say the doctor deserves his name up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad