Confirmed with Link: Foligno to Toronto for TOR 1st 2021, 4th 2022

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The only thing that has me concerned is that 21 draft class is considered weak, but we surely need to restock prospects, besides the three Russians, we barely have any quality prospects

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Damn....

giphy.gif

I've already poured a beer in honor.

Hope to hockey God he is back next year... (yes yes haters, with a lower salary of course ;) )
Hang onto your name as I think he’ll be back.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Very hard couple of days. It truly is the end of the CBJ "playoff" era and a cap to the most successful run in franchise history. It was a great ride. And Foligno and the others that came with him during those hard hard years (Johnson, Foligno, Dubinsky, etc) are the ones who made our culture what it is today. I fear that culture has now gone by the wayside and we will have to establish a new one.

I don't know if that means a massive rebuild is coming, or a minor one, or a set back year where we gather assets and make some moves to try to contend again next year. IDK. But today sucks. The picks are exciting but its a lot more fun to be contending.

Foligno is far and away the best captain in CBJ history. One of my favorite all time players, and a true gentleman on and off the ice. I hope its not the true end and he returns this summer, but there is obviously a chance that it is. And if thats so, its very sad. I wish him nothing but the best in the playoffs with the Leafs and I think he will be a huge huge piece to their puzzle.

Thanks Fliggy, good luck and hopefully see you soon.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Very hard couple of days. It truly is the end of the CBJ "playoff" era and a cap to the most successful run in franchise history. It was a great ride. And Foligno and the others that came with him during those hard hard years (Johnson, Foligno, Dubinsky, etc) are the ones who made our culture what it is today. I fear that culture has now gone by the wayside and we will have to establish a new one.

I don't know if that means a massive rebuild is coming, or a minor one, or a set back year where we gather assets and make some moves to try to contend again next year. IDK. But today sucks. The picks are exciting but its a lot more fun to be contending.

Foligno is far and away the best captain in CBJ history. One of my favorite all time players, and a true gentleman on and off the ice. I hope its not the true end and he returns this summer, but there is obviously a chance that it is. And if thats so, its very sad. I wish him nothing but the best in the playoffs with the Leafs and I think he will be a huge huge piece to their puzzle.

It's probably just a setback for you guys. The Dubois debacle essentially killed the season. Good work to get those picks instead of pouting and doing nothing about it.

Reactions: Viqsi

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
So with three number one picks in this draft
And an extra goalie to spare....
Is that enough for Eichel?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

My presumption is that the difference between "minor rebuild" and "setback year" is whether or not we're able to get a decent lineup at C going in the offseason. I do not think "massive rebuild" is realistic.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My presumption is that the difference between "minor rebuild" and "setback year" is whether or not we're able to get a decent lineup at C going in the offseason. I do not think "massive rebuild" is realistic.

I don't know, if Seth Jones won't commit to signing a deal I think that sets off a nuclear explosion to the roster.

Reactions: Toe Pick and cslebn

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't know, if Seth Jones won't commit to signing a deal I think that sets off a nuclear explosion to the roster.
Obviously, but I don't think that's realistic. :)

(EDIT: Well, okay, that and I think a Jones trade would keep us close to "mini-rebuild" status given the necessary return.)

Reactions: CPTN71

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
That’s true. It’s the end of the most successful era for Columbus and unfortunately I think the rebuild will take quite some time. Our core has been underwhelming this year and unless they bounce back big next year, the next off season will be huge to determine the future and his soon we can be back. We will get some nice prospects this draft and then eventually get the three Russians here, I feel we’re at least 3-4 years away from play off contention again

Reactions: hn777

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Amazing how the convo on HF changes from “Foligno wil never get a first round pick LULZ” to “well, the first round pick is basically a second rounder and we only paid 25%” and now TML fans think Nick is going to resign with them.
Don’t know how any CBJ fan could ever root for that team in the playoffs with that fan base.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Amazing how the convo on HF changes from “Foligno wil never get a first round pick LULZ” to “well, the first round pick is basically a second rounder and we only paid 25%” and now TML fans think Nick is going to resign with them.
Don’t know how any CBJ fan could ever root for that team in the playoffs with that fan base.
In my case, it's because there's plenty of reasonable Leafs fans as well, and they hate those annoyances as much as we do if not more. And as a committed Buckeyes fan, I can relate. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad