Foligno is first CBJ to be a Top 10 Scorer

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Could have signed him before the season for less....probably in the $4.5 million range.

Hardly any stroke of genius by Jarmo. Everyone knew that Foligno was a vital part of the team prior to the breakout scoring this season.

EDIT: Didn't see CBJ Slash post prior to my posting. Great minds think alike. LOL

Last summer I was very nervous that we were going to lose Foligno, and advocated signing him near $4.5m, which is why I agree it's hardly a work of genius by Jarmo to end up paying him so much more.

But it's simply not true that "Everyone knew" how important Foligno was. You had some posters responding to me asserting that Foligno was overpaid already, at $3.3m. You had some saying he wasn't good enough to be a top six player.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Last summer I was very nervous that we were going to lose Foligno, and advocated signing him near $4.5m, which is why I agree it's hardly a work of genius by Jarmo to end up paying him so much more.

But it's simply not true that "Everyone knew" how important Foligno was. You had some posters responding to me asserting that Foligno was overpaid already, at $3.3m. You had some saying he wasn't good enough to be a top six player.

All the smart kids knew:laugh:

KlichkoBro*

Where did you get that 4.5 mil. number from? Cause if I was Foligno I wouldn't have signed for that amount even last summer. I always thought that he could be a star player in the league but his shot was weak. All what he's done since the last season is improved his shooting and got rid of Umberger on his other wing.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Where did you get that 4.5 mil. number from? Cause if I was Foligno I wouldn't have signed for that amount even last summer. I always thought that he could be a star player in the league but his shot was weak. All what he's done since the last season is improved his shooting and got rid of Umberger on his other wing.
And he got put on the #1 PP..and had an unreal shooting% on the PP

major major

Feb 18, 2013

That's the way I thought about Foligno as well. But $4.5m is a good offer for what he had done prior to this year.

KlichkoBro*

And he got put on the #1 PP..and had an unreal shooting% on the PP

His PP shooting% doesn't significantly affects his total numbers.

1.The PP goals leaders are shooting at 20-25% rate and the guys like Cammallery, Tyler Johnson, Nyquist where shooting at 30-33%. Even if Foligno was shooting at the average rate he'd have had only 2-4 goals less (he had 11 PP goals total last year).
2.He takes Umberger's spot on the PP, who scored 8 PP goals and was shooting at 29.63% last season. Considering that Foligno is a way better player I won't be surprised that he's scored a few goals more with a bit better percentage. When you mostly play in front of the net you gonna have higher shooting %. Unreal percentage had Horton last season - he scored 3 goals on 4 shots. 75%.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Nick is the CBJ...... I hope the CBJ organization gets into traditional NHL hockey and make him our Captain.... the fans love him, the players love him and even his Dad (Mike) and brother (Marcus) love him!!!!! :)

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Nick is the CBJ...... I hope the CBJ organization gets into traditional NHL hockey and make him our Captain.... the fans love him, the players love him and even his Dad (Mike) and brother (Marcus) love him!!!!! :)

The real questions remains though...

Does he know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

There was? If so it was the vocal minority.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There was? If so it was the vocal minority.

That was a minority view, to be sure. You can read back on our Foligno contract thread from earlier in the year if you don't remember the positions. There were plenty of posters who thought $4.5m was too much for Foligno. Now, to be fair, it's easy to have some hindsight bias to look back on that after Foligno's scoring has exploded.

But it's not just about differences in proposed dollar amounts. There was a very substantive disagreement about Foligno's contribution to the team and whether he was a vital part of the team or not - the very thing supposedly "everyone knew".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad