News Article: FNC Center to be KeyBank Center

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Trade for some defensemen and then just refer to the arena as
The Vault or La Chambre-forte

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I hate banks, we are headed to negative interest rates on bank deposits which will make them even more hated. 2026 the naming rights deal expires. The Pegulas should buy the rights, name it after the family or better give the public a say in naming it.

Its exterior is hideous, it looks like a grocery store - Wegmans should buy the naming rights. The ugly roof could be modified painted to look like a taco shell, Mighty Taco Arena.

The interior rink/seats is fine.

Who owns the arena? Erie County? City of Buffalo? Both?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I hate banks, we are headed to negative interest rates on bank deposits which will make them even more hated. 2026 the naming rights deal expires. The Pegulas should buy the rights, name it after the family or better give the public a say in naming it.

Its exterior is hideous, it looks like a grocery store - Wegmans should buy the naming rights. The ugly roof could be modified painted to look like a taco shell, Mighty Taco Arena.

The interior rink/seats is fine.

Who owns the arena? Erie County? City of Buffalo? Both?
I wish we got a little more elbow room :D

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Looks like I have to amend my script.

"Good evening, ladies & gentlemen, welcome to the KeyBank Rink at HARBORCENTER"...

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Burg does PA/DJ work (among other things, I imagine) at Harborcenter, so he is not saying that the current First Niagara Center will assume the quoted name.

The main rink at HC is currently "First Niagara Rink at HARBORCENTER" so that will change.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
As long as EA puts the benches on the proper side of the ice in NHL 17, I'll be ok with the name change.

:p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad