Prospect Info: FLYguy3911's 3rd Annual (and last?) Draft Rankings - 101+ Skaters

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
How much did you watch of Goyette @FLYguy3911 ? I didn't see enough to rank him, but I expected more from the little I did see.
Same. I wouldn't say he's the most physically gifted player I've seen. It's a bet on production more than anything and wanted to squeeze him into my top 32. A 1.11 PPG as a first year OHL player is really impressive (no one else was over 0.9). And the second half was even more encouraging (29 goals in last 41 games). Big production in minor hockey also. He played with Dumais at South Kent and outscored him.

He's a really good passer and playmaker with some transition upside and those tend to be my types also.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Same. I wouldn't say he's the most physically gifted player I've seen. It's a bet on production more than anything and wanted to squeeze him into my top 32. A 1.11 PPG as a first year OHL player is really impressive (no one else was over 0.9). And the second half was even more encouraging (29 goals in last 41 games). Big production in minor hockey also. He played with Dumais at South Kent and outscored him.

He's a really good passer and playmaker with some transition upside and those tend to be my types also.
If I remember from my draft research he was injured a decent amount before the second half production boost, that could describe half the guys I drafted though so I might be wrong

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Jack is such an animal. I know you know this, and no you didn't have to explain yourself, but I like watching Jack. That's it. That's the post.

breaking-news.png

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
Anyone else notice how short this draft is? Everyone is either under 6 foot or just barely 6 foot. Of his top 2 tiers only Slafkovsky, Korchinski, and Jiricek are 6' 2" and over. I get size isn't nearly everything in the puzzle, but for a professional North American sport league, that's feels pretty short.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone else notice how short this draft is? Everyone is either under 6 foot or just barely 6 foot. Of his top 2 tiers only Slafkovsky, Korchinski, and Jiricek are 6' 2" and over. I get size isn't nearly everything in the puzzle, but for a professional North American sport league, that's feels pretty short.
Heights get inflated by NHL teams as the prospects age, but yeah not a lot of size this year. Part of the reason why the Gauthiers of the world are getting pushed up.

Like Cooley and Kemell would get pushed way down boards 15 years ago, but I don't think anyone really thinks of them as small in today's era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad