Prospect Info: FLYguy3911's 2020 NHL Draft Rankings - Top 102 Skaters & Others

Should I do this again next year?

• No

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 Really well done write ups, and I really like your explanations of your philosophies.
We are both bold on Perreault. He is a terrific talent.
I have Tullio lower than you because his skating concerns me a little, otherwise he is a strong player whom I like. Poirier bothers me some, kind of like Anthony DeAngelo did, but he turned out Ok. But I kept moving Poirier down until he was moved off my list. I could be way wrong on him, and late in the draft I could take a flyer on him but he will probably go by the end of the second.
I know this is your personal rating list, and not a mock, but if the draft fell like this and Quinn is there at 23, I would be thrilled to get him. He'll be gone long before that
Thanks for doing this!
Yeah, Tullio isn't an overwhelming physical package. I just liked his overall offensive game and wanted to squeeze him into the top 30. I think he could be in for a big year.

The Poirier concerns are legit, but I tend to focus more on what guys can do rather than what they can't do. I just think he's too skilled, in a draft that lacks a lot of highly skilled defenders, to completely discredit as a potential top 4 NHL defenseman. With the puck he's excellent and that is what I am looking for most. He needs a lot of work otherwise, but hopefully the game starts to round out as he matures. Likely not a fit for the Flyers though.

I'm not the biggest Quinn fan, but he it was hard to ignore what he did this year. He likely goes much before 23 so I don't think it will matter what I think.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@FLYguy3911 — I watched Brisson in 2 of the WJAC games you linked. If he isn’t the most textbook Flyers draft pick, I don’t know what is. Imagine back to back years of California kids? But he checks so many of my boxes.

I’m not totally solid on him at center — there were times his positioning and breakouts looked a shade awkward or over aggressive — but he at least has that swing quality the Flyers value. I liked him the most when he led rushes and engaged as the F1/F2. But I really could not find any weakness. He’s got a high end shot, but his passing was sharp too. Both subtle entries under sticks and cross ice feeds. Super slick hands 1v1. Depending on if there’s a faller, or if the Flyers get riskier with someone like Perreault, I’m finding it hard to believe he’s not BPA (or close) at 23. I think you’re dead on: this is a top 15 talent.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
No Braden Schneider on the list ? I would not mind him as our first rounder . He is not flashy but is solid and steady .

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No Braden Schneider on the list ? I would not mind him as our first rounder . He is not flashy but is solid and steady .
Not a fan. I don't really think he got much better from last year which is concerning. For a guy that projects more as a defensive guy, I thought he was too passive defending attackers. I'm not sure how that projects against more skilled players. Offensively he makes a nice first pass when the option is available but as far as creativity and exploiting defenses, I don't see it. One of the oldest players in the draft too.

Do I think there are 102 players better than him? No, but that's why I prefaced my list by saying it was my own personal draft board and not a ranking per se. He'll be an NHLer, but I would not feel comfortable drafting him where he is likely going to go.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Gross... probably one of the few guys I'd be mad about.

Gotta swing for the fences here.
You swing for the fences you end up striking out fairly often . I'm not sure who will be avaliable at 23 but trading up or down could be an option .

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
There is something very valuable about keeping your passions and your profession separate. It would be perfect if you could have a profession that lets you engage your passions without killing them, or at least dampening them, but that's difficult. Once it becomes a responsibility, I think a significant portion of joy seeps out too.

Either way, you rule.

These are very wise words. Flying was my favorite thing in the world to do until I started getting paid for it. I've been searching for something I enjoy as much since then.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad