Should I do this again next year?

• No

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hi,

We're one week away from the much anticipated 2020 NHL Draft so this feels like a good time to drop this to hopefully get some discussion going. Due to the quarantine and delay in the Draft, I've spent more time analyzing this draft than any other draft so why not put my big boy pants on put a formal list together? Some of these ranking are going to look baaaad over time. That's the nature of the draft, but this is a personal project more than anything and hopefully a learning experience. I have some of my general philosophies in the "Draft Guide" that is (hopefully) attached. The file is 40 pages and 17,000 words with at least a blurb on 159 skaters so check it out if you are bored.

To reiterate what I outlined there, this is my personal draft board. I did not attempt to rank every eligible skater. There are some notable names absent that I would not feel comfortable drafting for one reason or another so I left them off the list. The 102 skaters (no goalies) I have ranked are guys I would feel comfortable putting a draftable grade on. I included an additional 57 skaters on a "Watch List". These are skaters I would have interest in at the very end of the draft if I had additional picks or in free agency if there is a signing window this year for CHL players. I have broken these players into different buckets in the Guide with some explanations of my thoughts.

• If you find any errors, grammatical or otherwise, blame @Stizzle for rushing this.
  • If anyone busts @Chinatown88 likely jinxed them with his man crushes.
  • @Magua you got 2021.
Feel free to leave your thoughts if you disagree with placements or have any questions about guys on or off the list. Mods hopefully this is OK as a standalone thread.

Here are my top 102 Skaters eligible for the 2020 NHL Draft:

upload_2020-9-29_20-17-29.png

upload_2020-9-29_20-18-24.png

upload_2020-9-29_20-19-37.png

Watch List (no particular order)

upload_2020-9-29_20-21-6.png

upload_2020-9-29_20-22-9.png

Attachments

• FLYGUY3911's 2020 NHL Draft Rankings - Top 102+.pdf
    109 KB · Views: 14
  • FLYGUY3911's 2020 NHL Draft Guide.pdf
    245.9 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2020-9-29_20-18-55.png
    upload_2020-9-29_20-18-55.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 10

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@FLYguy3911 — I will read this in full before the draft even though I know nothing about anyone. But I know the effort this requires and commend you for trying to be an Internet scout. You should post it on the main boards too, if you haven’t already.

Enjoy the burnout of not wanting to watch anything prospect related next season.

giphy%2B%25281%2529.gif

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

We're one week away from the much anticipated 2020 NHL Draft so this feels like a good time to drop this to hopefully get some discussion going. Due to the quarantine and delay in the Draft, I've spent more time analyzing this draft than any other draft so why not put my big boy pants on put a formal list together? Some of these ranking are going to look baaaad over time. That's the nature of the draft, but this is a personal project more than anything and hopefully a learning experience. I have some of my general philosophies in the "Draft Guide" that is (hopefully) attached. The file is 40 pages and 17,000 words with at least a blurb on 159 skaters so check it out if you are bored.

To reiterate what I outlined there, this is my personal draft board. I did not attempt to rank every eligible skater. There are some notable names absent that I would not feel comfortable drafting for one reason or another so I left them off the list. The 102 skaters (no goalies) I have ranked are guys I would feel comfortable putting a draftable grade on. I included an additional 57 skaters on a "Watch List". These are skaters I would have interest in at the very end of the draft if I had additional picks or in free agency if there is a signing window this year for CHL players. I have broken these players into different buckets in the Guide with some explanations of my thoughts.

• If you find any errors, grammatical or otherwise, blame @Stizzle for rushing this.
  • If anyone busts @Chinatown88 likely jinxed them with his man crushes.
  • @Magua you got 2021.
Feel free to leave your thoughts if you disagree with placements or have any questions about guys on or off the list. Mods hopefully this is OK as a standalone thread.

Here are my top 102 Skaters eligible for the 2020 NHL Draft:

View attachment 369611
View attachment 369612
View attachment 369615

Watch List (no particular order)

View attachment 369616
View attachment 369617
Great stuff Flyguy!!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
22. Ozzy Wiesblatt Forward Prince Albert (WHL)

"If you like players that skate fast and make plays at high speeds, then Ozzy is your guy.
He may have been the best rush attacker I saw all year and despite his size, he is
unafraid to attack the middle of the ice. Extremely quick feet. He gets to top speed in a
blink. A lot of guys can skate fast and skate fast with the puck, but few can make plays at
their top speed - Wiesblatt can. He is a playmaker through and through and while he
may not be a dangerous shooter, this is a skillset I would bet on. He’s going to get to
wherever he wants on the ice. At the very least, I think he’s going to be a strong
transition player. He had a point on ⅓ of Prince Albert’s goals last season and a point on
¾ of the ES goals when he was on the ice. On a team with a few legitimate prospects
and a likely first rounder, I see Wiesblatt as the best of the bunch."

Yes, please.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

"If you like players that skate fast and make plays at high speeds, then Ozzy is your guy.
He may have been the best rush attacker I saw all year and despite his size, he is
unafraid to attack the middle of the ice. Extremely quick feet. He gets to top speed in a
blink. A lot of guys can skate fast and skate fast with the puck, but few can make plays at
their top speed - Wiesblatt can. He is a playmaker through and through and while he
may not be a dangerous shooter, this is a skillset I would bet on. He’s going to get to
wherever he wants on the ice. At the very least, I think he’s going to be a strong
transition player. He had a point on ⅓ of Prince Albert’s goals last season and a point on
¾ of the ES goals when he was on the ice. On a team with a few legitimate prospects

Yes, please.

68505faceeb0176edc2a188eca87bb76.jpg

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Yes, please.

There is NO WAY you’d be in favor of someone named Ozzy Wiesblatt, with siblings named Ocean, Oceania, Oasiz, and Orca. Those sound like Tkachuk names.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There is NO WAY you’d be in favor of someone named Ozzy Wiesblatt, with siblings named Ocean, Oceania, Oasiz, and Orca. Those sound like Tkachuk names.

You could not possibly be more wrong. I took him in the mock, with the greatest of joy. Just because the Tkachuks are a pack of sperm orcas doesn't mean that anyone would name one of them "Ocean."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Those names are child abuse imo.

Yeah, but he's "Ozzy," and that rules. Plus, check this out. His mom is deaf. Without being too glib about that, think of the human interest pieces our "media" could do on that. Every single one of those reduces the time available to spend on making homeless f***nuggets like Chris Stewart sound like Johnny Appleseed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, but he's "Ozzy," and that rules. Plus, check this out. His mom is deaf. Without being too glib about that, think of the human interest pieces our "media" could do on that. Every single one of those reduces the time available to spend on making homeless f***nuggets like Chris Stewart sound like Johnny Appleseed.

Like I thought Ozzy was cool because of Ozzy Osbourne (I wouldn’t name my kid it but I can respect it from a distance) but the seeing the other names it’s pretty clear the parents are just whack jobs.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's "Ozzy Wiesblatt" - that rules. Who cares what his brothers are called? Say it out loud - "Ozzy Wiesblatt." Then say "Mavrik Bourque" and "Rodion 'Toe' Amirov."

Ozzy is fine. I just know you’re picky, friend. I’m also worried what Kev will do with a name like that. Ozzy would be in serious danger of being called “Crazy Train” or “Bladder/Bladduh” — something truly execrable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad