Flyers will not be successful til core leadership is changed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whoever’s bringing up Dustin Brown, the Kings attempted to trade him at the 2012 deadline amid concerns that Richards came in and was splitting the room.

They also fired the coach.

Guy making those calls was very close to being fired. He’s also now working for us.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've never in my life seen anything as weird as the cult of adoration that has grown in this fanbase over Chris F***ing Pronger. We have dozens and dozens of long-term servants of this organization who actually mattered. Learn your f***ing history.

I rank him lower on my list of franchise dmen because his impact was just f***ing tiny and declining compared to folks like Timonen, Desjardins, Howe, or Watson.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just want to express my appreciation for off-handedly dismissing @Striiker as "skipper." I hope that one sticks.
cute-happy-kid-in-captain-cap-on-yacht-board-in-summer-sea-port-T16YT5.jpg

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
I've never in my life seen anything as weird as the cult of adoration that has grown in this fanbase over Chris F***ing Pronger. We have dozens and dozens of long-term servants of this organization who actually mattered. Learn your f***ing history.
maybe people like him cause he was a big part of why we went to the cup in the past 30 years........is that considered history
captain tiger pants

Last edited by a moderator:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You are totally right man...I should have realized you know more about hockey than a guy who coached two different teams to the cup finals.

So you can't answer my question about what he's won?

Is it because he's never won anything?

Pro tip! If you're gonna resort to appeals to authority, you should at least have a basic understanding of that authority.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I was born in 91 and became a fan fairly early on in the Richards/Carter era. So mid to early teens, Smith was still playing for us during my first encounters with the team.

Those five years or so are the only real success and joy I’ve encountered as a fan of this team. I’m 30 now.

So I simultaneously empathize with people like Striiker who have only known a revolving door of crap and am also horrified for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad