GDT: Flyers vs. Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
fellas, haula is pacing for 3 goals this season. zacha already has 3 goals. it’s ok to admit we got the worse player in a trade. hell, i’d rather have haula than zacha because zacha sucks too (3 goals on one of the best teams in the league lol). but we need secondary scoring, haula needs to start putting the puck in the net. i’d sit him for a game or two. he’s reaching josefson levels of offense.
Zacha has 16 assist. 13 at Even Strength...13 ES assist would lead our team. Just saying.

He leads Boston in ES assist.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Haula wasn't brought in here to score. Any scoring is a bonus. Still like him over Zacha and when Palat comes back you slot in Hula where he belongs. His veteran presence is why he's here and it's helped IMO.
Haula was short and visibly frustrated after the Dallas loss, while Zacha was likely the one to go out for a burger and fries.

It's exactly the type of trade this group needed.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Zacha has 16 assist. 13 at Even Strength...13 ES assist would lead our team. Just saying.

He leads Boston in ES assist.
David-Pastrnak-Boston-Bruins-Lake-Tahoe.jpg

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Zacha is a good NHL player just not at the level of what we wanted and needed when we drafted him. Hence our rebuild is longer than others. I'd be happy to draft a Zacha this year with our 1st if we don't trade it away.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I like the new-look lines. Tatar-Hischier-Z was a very effective combo. The new lineup also moves Shara up (which should get more out of him) and we know Jack and Bratt can cook.

Third line is interesting. Haula is the defensive presence there. Hopefully Wood can just crash it toward the net and Mercer can cash a rebound somewhere.

Let's be real. The 4th line is not playing at even strength. It's the "leftover" line. Mcleod's here for the PK and Holtz will get 55 seconds of total ice time from being on the 2nd PP.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
well, i don’t think it’s fair to compare zacha last year with what we think he might do this year on the devils. since brunette joined we’ve seen massive improvements in our style and in our individual players. whether that’s actually due to brunette or just a coincidental progression i don’t know. it’s possible zacha would also have 1 goal with us 1/3 into the season, i honestly have no idea.

having said that, yeah i don’t want zacha here either. my point was only that haula needs to score goals, and it might be better for him and the team to watch a few games. he’s been on just about every line and has produced precisely dick. it would be very helpful if he started putting the puck in the net. not over the net, not next to the net, in the f***ing thing. and sitting a guy for a game or two is not the terrible thing it’s perceived to be.

I think that reporter fired him up. At least I hope so. Today's lines are also a message. Dude just needs a fluke goal to break the ice and I think it falls into place for him.

Reactions: MartyOwns

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Haula wasn't brought in here to score. Any scoring is a bonus. Still like him over Zacha and when Palat comes back you slot in Hula where he belongs. His veteran presence is why he's here and it's helped IMO.
that honestly sounds like a bunch of we are the titans bullshit. he’s not here playing 17 minutes a night for some kumbaya nonsense. he needs to score goals, something i didn’t think needed saying before today

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Wait...what?

I know he was not brought in to be a top goal scorer on this team, but I'm sure they still penciled him in for ~15 goals or so. His drought is definitely hurting this team.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha has 19 points
Haula has 12 points

It's a 7 point difference not a 50 point difference like some of these posts make it sound like. There's not that much of a difference in these two points wise. Certainly not enough to care about it.
A 7 point difference after only 1/3 of the season has been played. Haula has 31 games played and Zacha has 28.

Haula is on 31 point pace - Zacha is on 55 point pace.

It is a pretty big difference.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
A 7 point difference after only 1/3 of the season has been played. Haula has 31 games played and Zacha has 28.

Haula is on 31 points pace - Zacha is on 55 point pace.

It is a pretty big difference.

Haula has played 29 games and I'm not gonna get hung up on paces because Haula has had some terrible puck luck and missed some glorious chances, he could turn that around and Zacha could easily cool off and the whole thing is a wash.

Just don't think it's even worth wasting any time on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad