Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The Sick The Dying and the Dead

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And do what with it? We had 10M+ at last deadline and got Eller lmao. He's already signed so where else would he go dumpster diving at?
We can get Sturm from SJ. He has more goals than Tatar, or we can just get Eller back if Pens are out of the playoffs and selling

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think anyone should be fired, because this is just a funk right now, but I do think Bedsy's constant line juggling may be starting to backfire and hurt on ice chemistry.

The effort was there in this one, they just didn't look completely comfortable, or like they were on the same page.

I understand bumping RJ off the 2nd line, but Mikko has never been as good at 2C, as he is at W. Bednar said he did it to get his feet moving, but I'm not sure that's the way to do it.

Drouin had been playing great hockey with Nate, but that line wasn't finishing their chances, because although LOC has been outstanding, he's not a top line player.

Similarly, the Wood-Colton-LOC line was their best line all year until he took LOC off.

Nuke coming back gave Bednar the perfect opportunity to put Val with Nate and Drouin, and move LOC back to the third line with Colton and Wood, but he didn't do it.

Instead of potentially having two good lines going, none of them seemed to click. Instead of Drouin and the top line taking a step forward, both seemed to take a step back.

The coaching staff has been preaching keeping things simple to the players. Bedsy needs to take his own advice and stop overthinking the lines. Just put together the best lines that make the most sense and let them gel for a little while and work their way out of this funk.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

My translation skills are not the best, but maybe you can try to read it with Google translator.. there's quite a bit more than this.

Anyway, it's about Colorado's season explained by Lehkonens father.

They mention Rantanens struggles:

He is saying Rantanen probably didn't focus as much on hockey in the off-season as earlier years. Most likely on purpose tuned down the training because of needing of a mental break. He spent a lot of time in Helsinki(I guess instead of Turku) and doing there whatever he was doing(meetings/events)

My own conclusion:

So basically Rantanen was a bit burned out this summer. No surprise. That's why I said we should not overplay our star players. It's tough to mentally recover when you are playing all the time too much.

Reactions: Foppa2118

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't think anyone should be fired, because this is just a funk right now, but I do think Bedsy's constant line juggling may be starting to backfire and hurt on ice chemistry.

The effort was there in this one, they just didn't look completely comfortable, or like they were on the same page.

I understand bumping RJ off the 2nd line, but Mikko has never been as good at 2C, as he is at W. Bednar said he did it to get his feet moving, but I'm not sure that's the way to do it.

Drouin had been playing great hockey with Nate, but that line wasn't finishing their chances, because although LOC has been outstanding, he's not a top line player.

Similarly, the Wood-Colton-LOC line was their best line all year until he took LOC off.

Nuke coming back gave Bednar the perfect opportunity to put Val with Nate and Drouin, and move LOC back to the third line with Colton and Wood, but he didn't do it.

As a result, instead of Drouin and that line taking a step forward, both took a step back.

The coaching staff has been preaching keeping things simple to the players. Bedsy needs to take his own advice and stop overthinking the lines. Just put together the best lines that make the most sense and let them gel for a little while and work their way out of this funk.
What else can Bednar do when his team doesn’t have a 2nd line?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mikko Rantanen makes 9.25M per season, he should be able to drive his own line on the 2nd line.

Keep the Wood - Colton - LOC line together, it's been arguably our most consistent forward line this season.

Keep Drouin with MacKinnon and Nichushkin.

The 4th line featuring Cogliano, Olofsson and Kiviranta can be kept together as well.

It just means that for the time being, Mikko has to figure things out with Tatar and Johansen. When Lehkonen returns, obviously he can take Tatar's spot in the lineup and make things better but that's not reality at this moment due to injuries.

But Bednar has to stop with the constant line shuffling. Let them figure things out instead of constantly panicking and reuniting 29 and 96 after 40 minutes of the team not being up by half a dozen goals.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Don't worry about the 2nd line and put together three other lines that makes sense.

Drouin and Nate have been playing great hockey, and have Val sitting there as a perfect forechecking beast/Defensive workhorse, but Val isn't playing with them.

The 3rd line with Wood-Colton-LOC has been great this year, but they're currently not playing together.

The 4th line with Kivi-Olofsson-Cogs has been great this year too.

Most here have wanted to see Mikko with RJ, but they've barely played together. Mikko is in a funk right now, and they've already moved him to center where I'm not sure he wants to play. It's the perfect time to put him with RJ to try to get them and that line going.

They have at least three lines that cold be really good if he keeps them together though. Then just keep RJ and Tatar together with Mikko and let them build chemistry, and get the most you can get out of them.

But let the other three lines drive the team if need be.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Don't worry about the 2nd line and put together three other lines that makes sense.

Drouin and Nate have been playing great hockey, and have Val sitting there as a perfect forechecking beast/Defensive workhorse, but Val isn't playing with them.

The 3rd line with Wood-Colton-LOC has been great this year, but they're currently not playing together.

The 4th line with Kivi-Olofsson-Cogs has been great this year too.

Most here have wanted to see Mikko with RJ, but they've barely played together. Mikko is in a funk right now, and they've already moved him to center where I'm not sure he wants to play. It's the perfect time to put him with RJ to try to get them and that line going.

They have at least three lines that cold be really good if he keeps them together though. Then just keep RJ and Tatar together with Mikko and let them build chemistry, and get the most you can get out of them.

But let the other three lines drive the team if need be.
I get what you saying, but the normal balance of a team is a 1st and 2nd lines who you rely on to do most of the scoring, then whatever you get from your 3rd and 4th lines is a bonus. You can’t really rely on bottom 6 to win you many games. Right now the Avs only have a 1st line and only MacK is doing pretty much all the scoring. They desperately need a 2nd line with a good 2C to help with the scoring

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I get what you saying, but the normal balance of a team is a 1st and 2nd lines who you rely on to do most of the scoring, then whatever you get from your 3rd and 4th lines is a bonus. You can’t really rely on bottom 6 to win you many games. Right now the Avs only have a 1st line and only MacK is doing pretty much all the scoring. They desperately need a 2nd line with a good 2C to help with the scoring

They need to get the 2nd line going, but in the meantime he should re-unite and double shift the Wood-Colton-LOC line if need be.

Doesn't matter what line they supposedly are. They've been their best line of the season and the team needs wins, and some confidence from those wins, to help get their mojo back.

Just leave RJ with Mikko for like 5 games and see what happens. What are they gonna do? Not play well? That's already happening.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They need to get the 2nd line going, but in the meantime he should re-unite and double shift the Wood-Colton-LOC line if need be.

Doesn't matter what line they supposedly are. They've been their best line of the season and the team needs wins, and some confidence from those wins, to help get their mojo back.

Just leave RJ with Mikko for like 5 games and see what happens. What are they gonna do? Not play well? That's already happening.
I mean there is a reason why Colton Wood and LOC are bottom 6 forwards. You can’t expect them to give you consistent scoring. That’s why you need top 2 lines. RyJo Tatar and Drouin were supposed to provide that but they haven’t. Drouin has had his moments, but even he hasn’t been consistent. RyJo and Tatar have been total ghosts

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

My translation skills are not the best, but maybe you can try to read it with Google translator.. there's quite a bit more than this.

Anyway, it's about Colorado's season explained by Lehkonens father.

They mention Rantanens struggles:

He is saying Rantanen probably didn't focus as much on hockey in the off-season as earlier years. Most likely on purpose tuned down the training because of needing of a mental break. He spent a lot of time in Helsinki(I guess instead of Turku) and doing there whatever he was doing(meetings/events)

My own conclusion:

So basically Rantanen was a bit burned out this summer. No surprise. That's why I said we should not overplay our star players. It's tough to mentally recover when you are playing all the time too much.

Bedsy seems to have this mindset where if they did ok playing way too many minutes before, then he can keep doing it. But that's not the way it works.

The way it works is you overplay a guy, and overplay him for months, and they may handle it well at first, but then eventually they start to wear down, they start playing worse, or they get injured.

By then it's very hard to turn things around quickly. It can takes months or an entire off season to recharge. I think we saw some of that last year, not just the skaters, but with Georgiev as well. I hope he realizes this and manages the stars minutes better this season, even if he needs them.

It doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season, as long as they make the playoffs, which they should. Mentally/Physically ready stars + 8th seed >>>>>> winning the division or the West + burned out/injured stars.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bedsy seems to have this mindset where if they did ok playing way too many minutes before, then he can keep doing it. But that's not the way it works.

The way it works is you overplay a guy, and overplay him for months, and they may handle it well at first, but then eventually they start to wear down, they start playing worse, or they get injured.

By then it's very hard to turn things around quickly. It can takes months or an entire off season to recharge. I think we saw some of that last year, not just the skaters, but with Georgiev as well. I hope he realizes this and manages the stars minutes better this season, even if he needs them.

It doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season, as long as they make the playoffs, which they should. Mentally/Physically ready stars + 8th seed >>>>>> winning the division or the West + burned out/injured stars.

Remember those older Chicago teams(Kane/Toews era). They mostly coasted to playoffs and then turned up the level. It makes a lot of sense, especially when you have won it all before and playing 82 regular season games is very tough on your body.

Johansen has done it always correctly. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad