Flyers Training Camp Discussion Thread I - Still NHL 17 Stanley Cup Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I feel like MDZ would be a much better partner at this point for old Streity than Schultz.

Curu, I hear you but i'd rather see..

MDZ-Gudas
MacDonald-Ghost
Provorov-Streit

or..

MDZ-Ghost
Provorov-Gudas
Schultz-Streit

At this point

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Provorov was paired with Gudas this morning.

Sanheim is currently with MDZ
Hagg with Schultz

If Provorov makes it out, maybe you see a Ghost/MDZ & Gudas/Provorov pairing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'll take any top 6 with Provorov and without Manning. :handclap:

I'll never, in a million years, post a mock lineup that includes Manning. Even if he becomes a top 6 regular next year. I'll just pretend he isn't.

:laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provorov was paired with Gudas this morning.

Sanheim is currently with MDZ
Hagg with Schultz

If Provorov makes it out, maybe you see a Ghost/MDZ & Gudas/Provorov pairing.

Love hearing that! Gudas would be the ideal partner for a rookie puck-moving dman. Not only can he play at his pace, but he will protect the **** out of him. Would you really run Provorov in the corner if on the same shift Gudas is roaming around in No Man's Land looking to decapitate you?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Love hearing that! Gudas would be the ideal partner for a rookie puck-moving dman. Not only can he play at his pace, but he will protect the **** out of him. Would you really run Provorov in the corner if on the same shift Gudas is roaming around in No Man's Land looking to decapitate you?

In addition to both could be very strong hitters too. I know Provorov has gone up against kids, but the guy is a tree trunk.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I could see Schultz over Manning as Schultz still adds some value to the PK.
But Amac over Manning? He has worst gap control in the whole league, there is nothing Amac adds to this team. He actively hurts us just being on the ice.
Also if you look up nerd stats at corsica hockey you might find out that Manning wasnt that bad when paired with Gudas.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
One of the guys I follow is at camp, he said Sanheim is clearly way bigger, said he doesn't realize its him at times.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
One of the guys I follow is at camp, he said Sanheim is clearly way bigger, said he doesn't realize its him at times.

If he really put on the weight and size we need him to be at, then all the better. It was probably his biggest issue. Someone that big with that kind of skating and his offensive ability is going to be huge for the future, I feel.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
MDZ-Ghost
Provorov-Gudas

.....is a nice top 4 but the third pairing would be horrible

Id say then go
Amac/Manning(70/40) - Streit
then bring up Morin at tdl

MDZ-Ghost
Provorov-Gudas
Morin-Streit

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If he really put on the weight and size we need him to be at, then all the better. It was probably his biggest issue. Someone that big with that kind of skating and his offensive ability is going to be huge for the future, I feel.

It would be huge, he's a big kid, if he slides in around 200-210, keeps his speed and skating ability, he could become an absolute force out there.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So it seems like the only real intrigue is whether or not Provolone makes the team. Doesn't seem like there is really anything else going on (barring something really shocking like another rookie making a run). I'm sure this has been discussed but I don't remember...does a trade have to be made (or waiver of a guy like Schultz/AMac) in order to fit him on the team?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So it seems like the only real intrigue is whether or not Provolone makes the team. Doesn't seem like there is really anything else going on (barring something really shocking like another rookie making a run). I'm sure this has been discussed but I don't remember...does a trade have to be made (or waiver of a guy like Schultz/AMac) in order to fit him on the team?

CapFriendly has the Flyers at 400K in space, but Brennan is being counted (counting 8 D-men), so they are around 1MM in space w/ 7 guys, if Provorov sticks around, I assume somebody would be demoted, at minimum 925K would be given for that, Provorov counts at 900K.

Also has 14 forwards, so again if they cut one lose, there is another 900K (or whatever their cap hit is) freed up.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I have no idea why CF have Brennan on the active roster. GF don't.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/philadelphia-flyers

It is odd, but not a big deal, but then going by GF, they have about 1MM in space, so yes, they could have an 8 man Dman crew and be ok, because again, they'll slide a forward down creating a little more space, but I don't think Hextall is going to be keeping lots of players as healthy scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad