Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Zack MacEwen to LA for Brendan Lemieux and 2024 5th

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So good yet not one other NHL team ever took a flyer on him. I know he didn't wan to leave Europe or something to that effect. Gus is in the long line of ruined flyers.

How had Sanheim been mishandled?

Who was the D at the time again?

Did you not read anything I wrote? The management and development processes were the whole problem. Not him, his quality relative to the rest of the league, etc. The fact that he was an upgrade to our bad defense and the team hated using him anyway. It spoke to wretched evaluation. That problem became ever more evident.

Let me make it clear again: Gus himself is irrelevant, the process behind him is everything. We ended up being very right about that process.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Ah, so it's the tantrum route as expected. I didn't ban you. By the way, all these narratives you labelled false have been proven true.

You lied about what people thought about NAK, got called on it, and are throwing a fit at me. Good use of your time. I'll await your further tantrumming.
Tantrum route. big yawn.

I didn't lie, you and others felatted him daily. It is a fact. You push false narratives. You just do not believe they are false.

dont forget to file your taxes if you haven't already.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tantrum route. big yawn.

I didn't lie, you and others felatted him daily. It is a fact. You push false narratives. You just do not believe they are false.

dont forget to file your taxes if you haven't already.

"NAK is an NHL bottom sixer better than guys we are currently using" isn't fellatio, it was and is a fact. That's what we were saying. Which part of that is incorrect?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
"NAK is an NHL bottom sixer better than guys we are currently using" isn't fellatio, it was and is a fact. That's what we were saying. Which part of that is incorrect?
wow, didn't know players posted on these boards.

The NAK love was off the charts for a plyer of his caliber. You call it what you want. Slobbering works for me.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
I hadn't followed Lemiuex at all. His father is in my top 3 hated players of all time. I've heard all the bad scouting reports on him, but based on the little I've seen in the last few games, I don't hate hime. I want to hate him, just for his father. But, I am not against keeping him in a 4th line role if he is cheap.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You shouldn't have to sign UFAs to play on the fourth line. They should be filled from within.
Yes they should. It helps not to draft Bunnaman, Vorobyev, Twaynski, Dove-McFalls, have NAK go brain dead, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe and Laberge flop, Allison and Laczynski spend more time on IR than on the ice.

Since bottom six guys generally take 4-5 years to develop (or they'd be top six prospects), it takes a while to build up a stable of bottom six prospects. You don't take a good offensive prospect and have him play 8 minutes a night on the 4th line. You're looking for guys who bring it every shift for 4-5 shifts a period.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes they should. It helps not to draft Bunnaman, Vorobyev, Twaynski, Dove-McFalls, have NAK go brain dead, Rubtsov, Ratcliffe and Laberge flop, Allison and Laczynski spend more time on IR than on the ice.

Since bottom six guys generally take 4-5 years to develop (or they'd be top six prospects), it takes a while to build up a stable of bottom six prospects. You don't take a good offensive prospect and have him play 8 minutes a night on the 4th line. You're looking for guys who bring it every shift for 4-5 shifts a period.

Sounds like a massive development problem.

Briere has pegged development as a problem. You disagree with him?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Sounds like a massive development problem.

Briere has pegged development as a problem. You disagree with him?
what did he say as don't recall anything off the top of my head.

Entire scouting and development need to be purged. Start fresh is really the only solution.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How many times has it been explained to you that the problem with Gus wasn't Gus, or the impact on his career, but the process behind his handling? He was better than several members of the defense at the time and they refused to use him. I pointed out that boded poorly for guys like Sanheim and Ghost, much better examples of an archetype that the team cannot handle or figure out. Sure enough they badly mishandled both of them too. We were right.
The greatest tragedy we ever saw

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How had Sanheim been mishandled?

Who was the D at the time again?
Sanheim was used behind non-NHLer Brandon Manning in 17-18. After the Flyers gave up on Barf, his NHL career lasted another 48 games.

In the other thread you asked deadhead why he can't just admit Fletcher was a horrible GM. Why can't you admit Fletcher picking seven non-NHLers to play forward for the 19-20 Flyers before finally giving NAK a chance on the 4th line was one of the many horrible moves he made as GM?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Sanheim was used behind non-NHLer Brandon Manning in 17-18. After the Flyers gave up on Barf, his NHL career lasted another 48 games.

In the other thread you asked deadhead why he can't just admit Fletcher was a horrible GM. Why can't you admit Fletcher picking seven non-NHLers to play forward for the 19-20 Flyers before finally giving NAK a chance on the 4th line was one of the horrible moves he made as GM?
Sanheim wasn't mishandled.

It wasn't a horrible move at the time as NAK did nothing at that point. He fell so far down the depth chart they took at look at other players. When he got the chance he took advantage of it. good for him.

NAK rules.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The greatest tragedy we ever saw

It's a tragedy that is still unfolding right now. Those defective processes and values are still in place.

Again, Gus is irrelevant. You can sub in any number of players at this point. I don't know why you guys insist on pretending there's a Gus (or NAK) cult when there isn't. Reading comprehension isn't this hard.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It wasn't a horrible move at the time as NAK did nothing at that point. He fell so far down the depth chart they took at look at other players. When he got the chance he took advantage of it. good for him.

NAK rules.

He fell down the depth chart due to managerial and coaching incompetence. He didn't change. Teams used him to his strengths, which the Flyers refused to do and then blamed the player for... something they routinely do.

You never did explain how everyone calling him a bottom six forward and that being proven completely true was "fellating" him

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He fell down the depth chart due to managerial and coaching incompetence. He didn't change. Teams used him to his strengths, which the Flyers refused to do and then blamed the player for... something they routinely do.

You never did explain how everyone calling him a bottom six forward and that being proven completely true was "fellating" him
Cant be he fell because of his own play can it? Nah. All on the Flyers. Never hold the player accountable. He was tearing up the AHL before his call up.

The constant talking about fringe nhl player is fellating; he aint the only one. Constantly rubbing his knob. NAK rules. He is a 4th line player at best. Nothing more and that is ok.

It's a tragedy that is still unfolding right now. Those defective processes and values are still in place.

Again, Gus is irrelevant. You can sub in any number of players at this point. I don't know why you guys insist on pretending there's a Gus (or NAK) cult when there isn't. Reading comprehension isn't this hard.
Strome? Hogberg? Create a list as would honestly love to see it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Listen, the Flyers are not good at handling their players. No question there and no argument there. But Gus would have turned out the same regardless of where he was and the team would have been the same regardless of where he was. I don't even remember who the other people playing over him were at this point but I can assure you whomever they are they were likely the same level player as he was. There are definitely examples of the Flyers playing worse players over others, but Gus is not and was not in the category. I know it has been pointed out before, but there is a reason that he never played in the NHL after his time on the Flyers and it wasn't because of a secret cabal against him or because he WOULD have been better if only he was given a chance.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

NAK rules.
Playing non-NHLers above prospects who are genuine NHL players, is mishandling them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

In the other thread you asked deadhead why he can't just admit Fletcher was a horrible GM. Why can't you admit Fletcher picking seven non-NHLers to play forward for the 19-20 Flyers before finally giving NAK a chance on the 4th line was one of the many horrible moves he made as GM?
Revisionist history:

Forward 5x5 TOI in 2019-20
Cout, G, Hayes, Voracek, TK
Lindblom 30g 13:53 (cancer)
Laughton 49g 12:47
Farabee 52g 12:29
JVR 66g 12:19
Raffl 58g 11:03
Pitlick 63g 11:06

"Open audition" for two slots, one was 4C, Frost/Vorobyev/Bunnaman played 61 games

Frost (20) 20g 11:04
Twarynski (22) 15g 10:23
NAK (23) 36g 10:17
Vorobyev (23) 20g 9:46
Kase (23) 6g 9:37
Bunnaman (21) 21g 9:13
Rubtsov (21) 4g 6:38

Andreoff 14g 8:31
Stewart 16g 8:03

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Cant be he fell because of his own play can it? Nah. All on the Flyers. Never hold the player accountable. He was tearing up the AHL before his call up.

The constant talking about fringe nhl player is fellating; he aint the only one. Constantly rubbing his knob. NAK rules. He is a 4th line player at best. Nothing more and that is ok.

Strome? Hogberg? Create a list as would honestly love to see it.

Gus
Sanheim
Ghost
NAK
Frost
TK
York
Zamula
Vorobyev
Myers
Moron
Provorov

All badly handled at various points in various ways. That's just immediately off my head without thinking deeper.

We pegged NAK as a f***ing 4th liner. That's what he is. We were right. As has been written numerous times, then and now the real problem is the process behind him where the team has zero idea who or what their players are or even who is better or not.

I think you're just mad at being wrong. Thats why you're so obnoxious about this and spitting out nonsense that didn't happen.

Edit: oh right, add Tuomala to the list of players they misunderstood and mishandled

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad