Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Zack MacEwen to LA for Brendan Lemieux and 2024 5th

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
NAK rules. another guy the flyers ruined....Wonder what Gus is up to? Still toiling in Europe?

Nobody has argued the Flyers ruined NAK. It has been argued that they didn't use him properly and didn't evaluate what he was properly.

These zingers of yours would be more effective if they weren't strawman arguments

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Nobody has argued the Flyers ruined NAK. It has been argued that they didn't use him properly and didn't evaluate what he was properly.

These zingers of yours would be more effective if they weren't strawman arguments
big yawn. What false narrative you pushing this month?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
NAK rules. another guy the flyers ruined....Wonder what Gus is up to? Still toiling in Europe?
I remember when our biggest problems was when the Flyers ruthlessly ruined Gus's career and Homer didn't sign Joacim Eriksson! Idk about you guys but I long for the days of Paul Holmgren at this point.

• Love
Reactions: Nizzle

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No they didn't. Unless correctly identifying him as a bottom six forward is "slobbering."
"Slobbering" in this case is simply stating that he was a better player than non-NHLers like Andreoff and Bunnaman and Kase and Rubtsov and Stewart and Twarysnki and Vorobyev, all of whom Fletcher put on the 19-20 roster before him. Stats since the start of the 19-20 season:

Andreoff: 3 P in 29 GP
Aube-Kubel: 61 P in 204 GP
Bunnaman: 3 P in 54 GP
Kase: 1 P in 7 GP
Rubtsov: 1 P in 4 GP
Stewart: 1 P in 16 GP
Twarysnki: 1 P in 22 GP
Vorobyev: 3 P in 20 GP

This is what happens when you have no ability to analyze and evaluate hockey players, and have nothing to offer except blind allegiance to whoever is currently in charge of the team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Slobbering" in this case is simply stating that he was a better player than non-NHLers like Andreoff and Bunnaman and Kase and Rubtsov and Stewart and Twarysnki and Vorobyev, all of whom Fletcher put on the 19-20 roster before him. Stats since the start of the 19-20 season:

Andreoff: 3 P in 29 GP
Aube-Kubel: 61 P in 204 GP
Bunnaman: 3 P in 54 GP
Kase: 1 P in 7 GP
Rubtsov: 1 P in 4 GP
Stewart: 1 P in 16 GP
Twarysnki: 1 P in 22 GP
Vorobyev: 3 P in 20 GP

This is what happens when you have no ability to analyze and evaluate hockey players, and have nothing to offer except blind allegiance to whoever is currently in charge of the team.
Lemieux is also a better player than that group, heck Deslauriers (34 p in his last 221 games) is a better player than that group. Deslauriers also was traded for a 3rd rd pick last TDL, NAK's been let go and waived by two different teams.

That's a pretty low threshold.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I remember when our biggest problems was when the Flyers ruthlessly ruined Gus's career and Homer didn't sign Joacim Eriksson! Idk about you guys but I long for the days of Paul Holmgren at this point.

How many times has it been explained to you that the problem with Gus wasn't Gus, or the impact on his career, but the process behind his handling? He was better than several members of the defense at the time and they refused to use him. I pointed out that boded poorly for guys like Sanheim and Ghost, much better examples of an archetype that the team cannot handle or figure out. Sure enough they badly mishandled both of them too. We were right.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'm not pushing the false narrative. You are. Hence why I called you out. I'm guessing you can't admit you were wrong and move on gracefully though, you'll stomp your feet and be snide.
Taking the month off?

calling me out? wrong on what NAK being "Slobbered'' on? More entertainment. I better watch what I say as you will ban me. Again. For no reason.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Taking the month off?

calling me out? wrong on what NAK being "Slobbered'' on? More entertainment. I better watch what I say as you will ban me. Again. For no reason.

Ah, so it's the tantrum route as expected. I didn't ban you. By the way, all these narratives you labelled false have been proven true.

You lied about what people thought about NAK, got called on it, and are throwing a fit at me. Good use of your time. I'll await your further tantrumming.

Reactions: kudymen

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
How many times has it been explained to you that the problem with Gus wasn't Gus, or the impact on his career, but the process behind his handling? He was better than several members of the defense at the time and they refused to use him. I pointed out that boded poorly for guys like Sanheim and Ghost, much better examples of an archetype that the team cannot handle or figure out. Sure enough they badly mishandled both of them too. We were right.
So good yet not one other NHL team ever took a flyer on him. I know he didn't wan to leave Europe or something to that effect. Gus is in the long line of ruined flyers.

How had Sanheim been mishandled?

Who was the D at the time again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad