Flyers Top 5 Pick?

Eli Cash

Apr 7, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Psh, the Flyers wouldn't even be in Philly anymore if it weren't for the league handing them James Van Riemsdyk on a silver platter. I have no patience for tankers.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Even if this thread is a joke, I bet other teams will just see it as the Pens crybaby fans, etc. etc. Not really a fan of this perspective.

Anywho, no they aren't tanking. No, I'm not worried if they get a high pick. However, I would be a lot more worried if they made the playoffs. Any team can get streaky in the playoffs and with as terrible as they have been playing, it might be time for them to catch fire come playoffs.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Flyers will end up making the playoffs somehow. They'll make some blockbuster deal that'll help them get there but I don't see them going very far, let alone past the first round.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Even if this thread is a joke, I bet other teams will just see it as the Pens crybaby fans, etc. etc. Not really a fan of this perspective.

Anywho, no they aren't tanking. No, I'm not worried if they get a high pick. However, I would be a lot more worried if they made the playoffs. Any team can get streaky in the playoffs and with as terrible as they have been playing, it might be time for them to catch fire come playoffs.

When aren't we Pens crybaby fans? People will make a thread bashing the Pens or their fans, and we're babies for defending the team/us. :laugh:

Lamar Latrell

Jun 25, 2007
*enters thread, looks around, backs out of thread slowly*
I think you were looking for this
SpwsI.gif

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not hatin', just sayin'. I mean if there were like 15 games to go and they were in 13th place in the conference okay, but it's almost like creating a thread titled "How awesome is it we might win the President's Trophy???".

The Flyers embarrassed the Pens in the playoffs, and the fans were less than humble about it. You kind of had to expect that somebody here (on the Pens board) would make note of the Flyers' struggles. I'm sure Flyers fans (or any rival fanbase) would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go watch the Isles light up the Flyers.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Craig Adams factoid of the day:

Did you know Craig Adams has more goals and as many points as Maxime Talbot?

This has been your Troll-a-matic Craig Adams fact of the day.

Did you know that Talbot scored more goals last year than Adams has in every combined season from 2007 to 2013 :laugh:

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
Who cares what the rest of the board think of us ? Let the cool kids have fun :)

moose tracks

Nov 22, 2011
I think the Flyers eventually turn it around but with the Caps I'd say there's definitely a real possibility! I thank the Lord everyday that we don't have to deal with people like Mcphee/Leonsis in this organization.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Further proof they are not winning the lottery. The changes in the lottery weighting system (favoring higher ranked teams) won't happen until next year.

TSN said:
The only difference in this year's draft lottery will remain that the team that wins the lottery will be awarded the first overall pick. In previous years, winning the lottery only allowed a team to move up a maximum of four places in the draft order.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00