Flyers Top 5 Pick?

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I brought this up in the other thread and thought it might be a good point to discuss.

Are you at all nervous about the Flyers nabbing off an excellent prospect like Drouin? I don't think they will get Mackinnon or Jones or Drouin but its still a possibility. I'd much rather they make the playoffs and take my chances there with them again this season rather than them picking up a great prospect.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am not worried per se.

I am just tired of them tanking, aren't you? This is twice in the last five years that they have tanked trying to get a top five pick. I do not know about you all, but it gets old watching that team keep trying to game the system.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I am not worried per se.

I am just tired of them tanking, aren't you? This is twice in the last five years that they have tanked trying to get a top five pick. I do not know about you all, but it gets old watching that team keep trying to game the system.

I always thought they were tanking but always doubted the fact that such a high-profile team that makes a lot of money would tank. They would get so much more revenue by making the playoffs.

EDIT: High-profile as in a good team in the league, not class-wise though. :P

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I always thought they were tanking but always doubted the fact that such a high-profile team that makes a lot of money would tank. They would get so much more revenue by making the playoffs.

Well it is such a big City, a lot of them jumped on the bandwagon when they got Giroux.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
They are going to run into some serious cap problems down the road if they get a player that reaches his potential.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I heard that they were going to move until they got Giroux. Now Bettman is going to give them a second top five pick since 2007, I just know it. Have you ever tried to talk hockey with them at a game? All they want to talk about is how Cheesesteaks are better than Pirmantis.

Why did you have to bring this up? Now I am going to be upset for the rest of the night thinking about it.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Guys I hate the Flyers as much as any one else here (maybe even more since I grew up in Philly) but its CRAZY to suggest they are tanking. They arnt playing well, and have a meh goalie and a very cruddy defense. Teams have bad season, especially when they turn over so many players ever year like the flyers do. And then to suggest they are bandwagoners?! Their has always been Flyers fans, and a big name player on their team for the last couple years.

We as Penguins fans get upset when people suggest that we tanked, or bandwagon, so why are we doing it to others when its not true.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Guys I hate the Flyers as much as any one else here (maybe even more since I grew up in Philly) but its CRAZY to suggest they are tanking. They arnt playing well, and have a meh goalie and a very cruddy defense. Teams have bad season, especially when they turn over so many players ever year like the flyers do. And then to suggest they are bandwagoners?! Their has always been Flyers fans, and a big name player on their team for the last couple years.

We as Penguins fans get upset when people suggest that we tanked, or bandwagon, so why are we doing it to others when its not true.

I am justly chastised.

THE DIFFERENCE IS WE ARE KIDDING AND HAVING FUN HERE. WHEN THEY SAY IT THEY ARE WEARING THE TIN HATS AND ARE VERY SERIOUS.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I am justly chastised.

THE DIFFERENCE IS WE ARE KIDDING AND HAVING FUN HERE. WHEN THEY SAY IT THEY ARE WEARING THE TIN HATS AND ARE VERY SERIOUS.

Hey stop taking the wind out of possibly my longest post on this forum ever!

No honestly my screen is broken in the middle so I have my window set up so that I only see the text, and thus none of the poster names or avatars. I've been seeing some crazy post lately from people in this forum and jumped the gun quickly with out checking the who posted.

Carry on.

(P.s Sorry)

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
i would hate if they got a high pick this year. Not only would they get a stud in the 1st, but there should be some good players left early in the 2nd as well.

Heres hoping for the flyers to miss the playoffs bya a point and get a middle-pick :D

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah, they have stunk this season and hopefully the Wednesday game isn't a game they rebound, a heated rivalry could spark something in them. I hope the Penguins just flat out dominate them and continue to keep them out of the playoff picture.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yes, I would be worried if this were to happen, as I similarly would be if NYI got another lottery pick. But NYI are starting to win some games, and hopefully the Flyers will too and will climb the standings...at least enough to finish outside of the top 5 or 10.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Jinx thread? Watch them make the cup finals now. We're 15 games in and they are 4 points out of a playoff spot. I think they'll be ok

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yes, but they deserve to be where they are. Terrible defense and goalkeeping will do that.

Doesn't make this thread any better. Lurkers. I'd much prefer this get locked up and we all fight this demon in our own minds.

In the end, who cares, they somehow mess it all up anyways.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Yea I don't like having a thread about a different team on OUR teams board. Makes us seem like obsessed children, we have an "Around the NHL" sticky at the top of the page I suggest we take this up there.

EDIT: To answer the question, no, I am not worried.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Yea I don't like having a thread about a different team on OUR teams board. Makes us seem like obsessed children, we have an "Around the NHL" sticky at the top of the page I suggest we take this up there.

EDIT: To answer the question, no, I am not worried.

I agree, we don't need a thread for this, but that's up to the mods.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
They deserve to be where they are in the standings but I still think they'll get in the play-offs.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Craig Adams factoid of the day:

Did you know Craig Adams has more goals and as many points as Maxime Talbot?

This has been your Troll-a-matic Craig Adams fact of the day.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
As a Pens fan since childhood all I can say is...lol we have no place talking about tanking or getting plenty of top 5...even #1 picks:handclap::D:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad