iL3QHUu.jpg

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Here's my blender...

iL3QHUu.jpg

:amazed: :handclap:

So... that is how they have everybody down there at the end of the Game... they make sure you're all round up and ready before hand.

... And am I the only one here that sees this as a shipping coal to Newcastle type situation? You already have all those Gamers. :laugh:

It is perfect that G's Jersey has gone to arguably the most deserving and and worthy Flyers Fan,,, Enjoy. :yo:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
:amazed: :handclap:

So... that is how they have everybody down there at the end of the Game... they make sure you're all round up and ready before hand.

... And am I the only one here that sees this as a shipping coal to Newcastle type situation? You already have all those Gamers. :laugh:

It is perfect that G's Jersey has gone to arguably the most deserving and and worthy Flyers Fan,,, Enjoy. :yo:

Aww thank you.

They had us all meet at the table by the end of the 2nd period and then we sat in a room until about 10 minutes left and brought us down.

They were supposed to have us go on the ice and individually open the envelopes and player would skate up to us but with game tomorrow the Flyers changed plans so they could get on their way quicker. We went into a locker room and they told us to open all of ours at once and then as the players came in one by one you just called them over. I nearly **** myself when I saw "Claude Giroux" on the paper.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Aww thank you.

They had us all meet at the table by the end of the 2nd period and then we sat in a room until about 10 minutes left and brought us down.

They were supposed to have us go on the ice and individually open the envelopes and player would skate up to us but with game tomorrow the Flyers changed plans so they could get on their way quicker. We went into a locker room and they told us to open all of ours at once and then as the players came in one by one you just called them over. I nearly **** myself when I saw "Claude Giroux" on the paper.

Interesting... I've seen so many done in the 'usual' manner... It has always been my ultimate fantasy to be selected to receive one... My son and I have always stayed and vicariously enjoyed each and every Player/Fan transfer and signature. It is so odd that they veered off course tonight.

I'm 100% certain that it has nothing to do with the current way they hyave been performing... and the stinker of a Game they had just given the Fans in the WFC -- WTFC ?? -- not one thing to do with it. [ :sarcasm: ]

Congratulations, HC.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Awesome congrats man. I'm fairly certain that I didn't win anything but I didn't check the website. I didn't notice my name on the big screen

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
If anyone wants tix to the STM autograph thing tomorrow PM me and I'll email them to you.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
If anyone gets a notification that the autograph event tonight is postponed or anything due to the weather, a heads up would be awesome

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
As per my rep, the event is still on.
She did not specify if the only players there are VDV and MacD though.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
At the players signing event now... they do draw a crowd for these things. Also, smart of them to have what looks like a bunch of high school guys playing on the ice as well to keep people entertained while waiting.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Got my Voracek Anniversary Jersey signed... Jake has to be one of the friendliest and most sociable Players the Flyers have ever had... and since there have been so many over the 50 Seasons, that is saying a lot... He was next to Belly; they were a great one/two punch. :handclap:

Last edited:

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Got my Voracek Anniversary Jersey signed... Jake has to be one of the friendliest and most sociable Players the Flyers have ever had... and since ther have been so many over the 50 Seasons, that is saying a lot... He was next to Belly; they were a great one/two punch. :handclap:

Yea, they were all nice. I told cousins to tell hak to move him back to center, he said he's on it. Talked to Bellemare for a minute in French, and thanked Jake for calling out the woo'ers.

I also kind of got caught next to couts when the line stopped so talked to him for 3-4 minutes. Real nice guy. Told him I thought he was the most underrated player in the league. He started asking me a whole bunch of questions. Was a good time in spite of some long lines.

Also, lyubimov sure smiles a lot for a guy that doesn't speak English.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That was my first, and likely last signing through a team organized event.
I've gone to a ton of conventions over the past 10 years or so and this was the worst one. From what the couple behind me were saying the event was run pretty much the same way for the past 8-10 years.
I managed to get Ghost(yay!) Read(ok cool) and Schultz(meh) to sign my jersey and it only took an hour and a half, after being turned away politely from Giroux's line at the opening for it being "soft capped".
I would much rather pay for a signing that is not team related in the future. Even the store in the Oxford valley mall manages to do it right.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
That was my first, and likely last signing through a team organized event.
I've gone to a ton of conventions over the past 10 years or so and this was the worst one. From what the couple behind me were saying the event was run pretty much the same way for the past 8-10 years.
I managed to get Ghost(yay!) Read(ok cool) and Schultz(meh) to sign my jersey and it only took an hour and a half, after being turned away politely from Giroux's line at the opening for it being "soft capped".
I would much rather pay for a signing that is not team related in the future. Even the store in the Oxford valley mall manages to do it right.

I was in the same line and wasn't too happy when they said that. I think the selfie thing really slowed things down, along with having more players bunched together. The last couple I went to they had it on both levels, with only 2-3 players per station. It made lines shorter with more lines to go to. Anyway, got my Voracek bobblehead signed, and the tshirt on the way out was a surprise.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
I got in line around 515 and was able to get through the Lyubimov, Couturier and Provorov station in an hour. When I had gone to the concourse and walked towards Voracek's station I was told that it had been capped already. I was surprised, seeing as though there was over an hour left for the event. I was lucky enough to be able to jump into the Gudas, Neuvirth, Konecny line before they shut that down. Even so, Voracek's station and Schenn's station (two different stops) were both over well before 8pm. I'd say Schenn's line was done around 7:40 and instead of letting the few fans who hung around waiting (maybe 5-10 guys) go up and get them to sign, they just told them no. I didn't think it was right.

I will give major props to Andrew MacDonald, though. He was with Simmonds and Mason. There were roughly 15 fans calling for the trio to sign after the line had gotten through completely (I was still in Konecny's line at this point) and MacDonald took it upon himself to leave the box they were in and come down to the fans and sign for those guys. It was really awesome.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I was in the same line and wasn't too happy when they said that. I think the selfie thing really slowed things down, along with having more players bunched together. The last couple I went to they had it on both levels, with only 2-3 players per station. It made lines shorter with more lines to go to. Anyway, got my Voracek bobblehead signed, and the tshirt on the way out was a surprise.

****!!!!!!!!... I left early and didn't get one -- never did that before -- Please describe it so I can feel even worse. :shakehead

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I got in line around 515 and was able to get through the Lyubimov, Couturier and Provorov station in an hour. When I had gone to the concourse and walked towards Voracek's station I was told that it had been capped already. I was surprised, seeing as though there was over an hour left for the event. I was lucky enough to be able to jump into the Gudas, Neuvirth, Konecny line before they shut that down. Even so, Voracek's station and Schenn's station (two different stops) were both over well before 8pm. I'd say Schenn's line was done around 7:40 and instead of letting the few fans who hung around waiting (maybe 5-10 guys) go up and get them to sign, they just told them no. I didn't think it was right.

I will give major props to Andrew MacDonald, though. He was with Simmonds and Mason. There were roughly 15 fans calling for the trio to sign after the line had gotten through completely (I was still in Konecny's line at this point) and MacDonald took it upon himself to leave the box they were in and come down to the fans and sign for those guys. It was really awesome.

Well after all... he has to show his appreciation for all the people who Post and Tweet all those wonderful complimentary things about him. :sarcasm:

... In all seriousness... that was a classy thing to do... a true Flyers Player in the style of the early ones. :handclap:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad