Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Season Ticket Holder survey. They offered two complimentary tickets for filling it out. I expected that they would be up in the nosebleeds to a random weekday game against a team like the Sharks.

Nope, you could pick any available seat for pretty much all of the remaining games (sans Rangers and Penguins).

That was a surprise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
SOLD - Thanks Roo Mad Bro

Anyone looking for a pair of tickets to the Avs game next week?

I have a pair in Section 117, Row 9, Seats 1 and 2.

I'm really just looking to unload them at this point since I can no longer make the game. Cheapest pair on StubHub in the lower level is $210 with fees. I'll take $200.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roo Mad Bro

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I didn’t attend the Chalk Talk tonight but here’s what Facebook is telling me regarding what they said about STH things.

• No price increases next year
  • Rounds 1 and 2 of playoffs are same price as regular season.
  • EDGE Card won’t need to be preloaded next season. Just need to flash the card.

The second bullet point is probably something that just sounds good to say but in reality it’s not. I imagine they’ll be tier one pricing and that probably is a higher increase than in years past.

EDIT:

I did the math, in 2018 my tickets went from $47 each to $75 each for the first two rounds. So my RS tickets were 63% of PS tickets.

This year the ticket price I was given when signing up was $350 each and the Tier One price is $508.50. So the first price is 69%.

That's 100% what they're going to do. Sounds good on paper but in reality it's not much.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I didn’t attend the Chalk Talk tonight but here’s what Facebook is telling me regarding what they said about STH things.

• No price increases next year
  • Rounds 1 and 2 of playoffs are same price as regular season.
  • EDGE Card won’t need to be preloaded next season. Just need to flash the card.

The second bullet point is probably something that just sounds good to say but in reality it’s not. I imagine they’ll be tier one pricing and that probably is a higher increase than in years past.

EDIT:

I did the math, in 2018 my tickets went from $47 each to $75 each for the first two rounds. So my RS tickets were 63% of PS tickets.

This year the ticket price I was given when signing up was $350 each and the Tier One price is $508.50. So the first price is 69%.

That's 100% what they're going to do. Sounds good on paper but in reality it's not much.

FWIW we were told that the 2020-21 price would be same as the current one but with one more Game... this Season had Home Game in Prague... so the base going forward will actually be a decrease of one Game... note that that is the base going forward.

As to the same Cost for PS as RS... I took that to be the Average Price... I hope I'm not mistaken.

Also the Swap will be changed to include all Games... not be restricted to Tier... We can change any Game to any other Game in Schedule... I'm sure there are restrictions not mention, but st least that one will be eliminated.

Details to be sent out to us on 10th... assuming email, so we get it Monday.. if snail-mail I guess Tuesday/Wednesday... maybe both ways.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
FWIW we were told that the 2020-21 price would be same as the current one but with one more Game... this Season had Home Game in Prague... so the base going forward will actually be a decrease of one Game... note that that is the base going forward.

As to the same Cost for PS as RS... I took that to be the Average Price... I hope I'm not mistaken.

Also the Swap will be changed to include all Games... not be restricted to Tier... We can change any Game to any other Game in Schedule... I'm sure there are restrictions not mention, but st least that one will be eliminated.

Details to be sent out to us on 10th... assuming email, so we get it Monday.. if snail-mail I guess Tuesday/Wednesday... maybe both ways.

On Facebook someone is claiming that they talked to their rep and it is the average price.

That would be a pleasant surprise.

I emailed my rep and he said he couldn’t say anything until next week.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also just got an email from our old business rep confirming something that i've thought.

They're redoing the entire Club Level this offseason and doing something called the Loge Club.

That's all the info I have.

Reactions: PAZUZU

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They did say they were going to redo the STH lounge area last nite.

Yep, he said the major complaint was that it’s too small. I expect it to be significantly bigger next year.

It would really be nice to return it to the Lower Level again... I'd say even settle for the FHoF Area that it started at... but rather Lower Area... And it would be great for disabled and older STMs also.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just got an email from my rep:

Over the past few months we have sent surveys, held focus groups and given opportunities to have your voice heard. Your feedback directly shaped all of the great perks coming your way. If you were at Tuesday night’s Chalk Talk, you were able to get a sneak preview of what’s to come. If you were unable to attend…well, you’re in luck! Below are only some of the reasons why you should be excited for the 2020-21 Inside Edge Membership:
1. With your 2020-21 renewal your 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff pricing will be the most significant discount ever from single game pricing.
2. Season ticket package prices will remain flat for the 2020-21 season.
3. We made improvements to your current benefits making them easier and more convenient to use. These include benefits like the Edge Cash program and Ticket Exchange.
4. We are introducing the most flexible and customizable benefit plan in all of sports while also including tenure based rewards.

That first bullet point made me raise my eyebrows.

Reactions: TheKingPin

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Also just got an email from our old business rep confirming something that i've thought.

They're redoing the entire Club Level this offseason and doing something called the Loge Club.

That's all the info I have.

It is an entire PREMIUM LOGE seating area. All four corners of the lower level. Club Box 4 ,10, 16, 22 and Cadillac Grille CC117 and CC121 will be eliminated. Account holders will be offered "relocations". Also some of the upper rows in the sections below those locations. New "loge" seating will be installed ... think the large seats like the suites have in groupings of 4 or more with some degree of separation from each group. Touchscreen for concession ordering, etc. The remaining club boxes will be completely renovated, new seats new decor, etc. The club level concourse will be expanded and have premium food stations, new niche bars ... think "whiskey" bar, wine bar, etc. Also Cadillac Grille is getting a facelift

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It is an entire PREMIUM LOGE seating area. All four corners of the lower level. Club Box 4 ,10, 16, 22 and Cadillac Grille CC117 and CC121 will be eliminated. Account holders will be offered "relocations". Also some of the upper rows in the sections below those locations. New "loge" seating will be installed ... think the large seats like the suites have in groupings of 4 or more with some degree of separation from each group. Touchscreen for concession ordering, etc. The remaining club boxes will be completely renovated, new seats new decor, etc. The club level concourse will be expanded and have premium food stations, new niche bars ... think "whiskey" bar, wine bar, etc. Also Cadillac Grille is getting a facelift
American Airlines Center in Dallas has a whiskey bar, or Jack Daniel's bar, located on the course which is pretty cool. That entire arena is actually really cool.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just had a twenty minute conversation with my rep.

Some clarification on some of the information going on.

1. First Round and Second Round playoff ticket prices will be the average ticket price from this year IF you renew. What they are if you don't renew I don't know.
2. 2020-2021 Ticket Prices will indeed remain flat, even though they're adding another game. So your price this year for 43 games is the price for 44 games next year.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
clublevel.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just had a twenty minute conversation with my rep.

Some clarification on some of the information going on.

1. First Round and Second Round playoff ticket prices will be the average ticket price from this year IF you renew. What they are if you don't renew I don't know.
2. 2020-2021 Ticket Prices will indeed remain flat, even though they're adding another game. So your price this year for 43 games is the price for 44 games next year.

Some other things that have popped into my head from our conversation on top of what I posted.

3. Getting rid of the Edge Cards. You’ll just have to flash something.
4. The Loge Club is a Flyers/Sixers combo that will cost $14,500 per seat and they’re in groups of four. Sheesh.

Tagging @flyersjim73 abd @PAZUZU because we were talking about this in the Chalk talk thread. See my quoted post for the real stuff.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looking at the Loge Club "preview center" last night it looks like they might be bringing back printed tickets in some capacity.

The Benefits board said something along the lines of "Option to receive printed season tickets*" with the asterisk likely meaning for a fee.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
would rather have a great team, than a fancy place to eat or get drunk.

It appears to me that like the universal sports venue move to Luxury Boxes in the 1980+, there is now a trend to not only draw in the higher rollers, but to appease the Millennials' apparent love of Socializing, and willingness to spend for it... as witnessed with the Assembly Room success... and the other new 'Clubs'... that has absorbed a lion's share of the Renovations Budget.

In the 1st Row of my Section there a young man who seemingly has money to spend and likes to have drinks at the Games... in his Account he has the Club Option, and when he attends, he is in his Section Seat at best part of one Period... and the Club the rest of the Game... he arrives late, in 2nd Period with a Club glass I'm his hand... and leaves before Intermission, never to be seen again. This is all fine with me, if he enjoys the Game that way... He seems to be a great guy, from my conversations with him.

My point is that there are people with disposable cash that like to Socialize... and it seems obvious to me that the Flyers are targeting them for added Revenue, as past Sports Organizations targeted Luxury Box people and Companies... Again, I have no problem with this... as long as they don't forget the old-school STMs who spend less, and enjoy mainly watching the Game with less frills... in hope of seeing another Cup in their lifetime... without taking away from their Family's limited budgeted lifestyle... and couldn't care less about Socializing.

It is what it is... I'll just keep chugging along... amongst the changing scene. As Bernie always says; "it's all good".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad