Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
It appears to me that like the universal sports venue move to Luxury Boxes in the 1980+, there is now a trend to not only draw in the higher rollers, but to appease the Millennials' apparent love of Socializing, and willingness to spend for it... as witnessed with the Assembly Room success... and the other new 'Clubs'... that has absorbed a lion's share of the Renovations Budget.

In the 1st Row of my Section there a young man who seemingly has money to spend and likes to have drinks at the Games... in his Account he has the Club Option, and when he attends, he is in his Section Seat at best part of one Period... and the Club the rest of the Game... he arrives late, in 2nd Period with a Club glass I'm his hand... and leaves before Intermission, never to be seen again. This is all fine with me, if he enjoys the Game that way... He seems to be a great guy, from my conversations with him.

My point is that there are people with disposable cash that like to Socialize... and it seems obvious to me that the Flyers are targeting them for added Revenue, as past Sports Organizations targeted Luxury Box people and Companies... Again, I have no problem with this... as long as they don't forget the old-school STMs who spend less, and enjoy mainly watching the Game with less frills... in hope of seeing another Cup in their lifetime... without taking away from their Family's limited budgeted lifestyle... and couldn't care less about Socializing.

It is what it is... I'll just keep chugging along... amongst the changing scene. As Bernie always says; "it's all good".
only thing though is gouging all ticket prices, to pay for it, also relocation for the affeced sth.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Current renovations keeping the Wells Fargo around for another 15 years? Crazy thing I don’t see any Philly team getting a new arena any time soon.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
only thing though is gouging all ticket prices, to pay for it, also relocation for the affeced sth.

The Renovations are funded by a Remortgage taken after paying off Original Mortgage... theoretically, had there been no New Mortgage there could be reduced Prices across the board--although we all know that would never happen--with the Renovations, we are back to Square One... and status quo.

The thing that bothers me is that, as I see it, the lion's share of the Renovations are geared to the High Roller/Clubs crowds... with only corrective ones, such as more eating space, the new Seats, and cosmetic alterations... I feel like I'm helping fund the Social Clubs, of which I'll receive zero benefits. The eating spaces are fine, but the new seats to be are no big deal... and make the Arena look too dark.

JMO

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Current renovations keeping the Wells Fargo around for another 15 years? Crazy thing I don’t see any Philly team getting a new arena any time soon.
my guess would be, the next new arena will be the sixers, building their own place.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Just had a twenty minute conversation with my rep.

Some clarification on some of the information going on.

1. First Round and Second Round playoff ticket prices will be the average ticket price from this year IF you renew. What they are if you don't renew I don't know.
2. 2020-2021 Ticket Prices will indeed remain flat, even though they're adding another game. So your price this year for 43 games is the price for 44 games next year.

Haha the only reason I have season tickets is to have playoff seats at cost. I imagine they won’t be that much different even if you don’t reup.

The Renovations are funded by a Remortgage taken after paying off Original Mortgage... theoretically, had there been no New Mortgage there could be reduced Prices across the board--although we all know that would never happen--with the Renovations, we are back to Square One... and status quo.

The thing that bothers me is that, as I see it, the lion's share of the Renovations are geared to the High Roller/Clubs crowds... with only corrective ones, such as more eating space, the new Seats, and cosmetic alterations... I feel like I'm helping fund the Social Clubs, of which I'll receive zero benefits. The eating spaces are fine, but the new seats to be are no big deal... and make the Arena look too dark.

JMO

Seems less beneficial to have season tickets for someone like me that only gets to a handful of games a year anyway.

I’ll prob switch to weekend game package. Anyone have any experience with that?

im542

Sep 12, 2013
my guess would be, the next new arena will be the sixers, building their own place.

Will never happen. The estimates for a "new" Center were close to $750 million. Hence the $250 million renovation. Let alone finding a spot for it then populating it with shows, concerts, etc when the main tenant isn't playing. The Sixers were heavily involved in the planning for these upgrades in fact negotiations with them were what has held up the club level plans for months. They have a bigger problem with "relocating" STH in the lower bowl since they are essentially all ST for the Sixers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looking at the Loge Club "preview center" last night it looks like they might be bringing back printed tickets in some capacity.

The Benefits board said something along the lines of "Option to receive printed season tickets*" with the asterisk likely meaning for a fee.

They're back... but not for everyone and you need to choose that as your perk.

Qtsg05n.png

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Those that are full STH: How many regular season games do you get to a year?

I have a 50/50 Split with a co-owner... So I attend 22 Games per Season, both Reguar/PS Games, in normal Seasons... and 23+ when we attend Games together. I only sell off Games when I can't make and can't swap with my Partner... I occasionally skip Games when driving is too dangerous to attempt. So basically, I do not sold off Games normally.

Reactions: TheKingPin

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Also, printed tickets as a tier 1 option perk seems like a huge slap in the face to those that want printed tickets and are eligible to receive them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also, printed tickets as a tier 1 option perk seems like a huge slap in the face to those that want printed tickets and are eligible to receive them.

Flyers gonna Flyer.

I standby the fact that the Flyers should just offer it to all STH's for a cost. Gives the Flyers a margin to turn a profit and allows STH's to get printed tickets if they want. Yeah, it should just be free and included but here we are.

I'm currently in a grey area with my seats. The Club Loge said that you have the option to have printed season tickets and that's because they're "Premium." As it stands now my seats aren't "Premium" somehow. But my rep and some of his coworkers are working on having that changed because, well, they are premium.

But giving STH's the option to pay for them is just such an easy solution to this problem.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Not following you here... if you want Printed and ARE eligible... how is it a slap in the face?

FWIW, my Tenure allows me all the Selections... at least how I'm reading it... So, I'm good with getting them.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
It probably shouldn’t be a top of the line choice is what I think he’s getting at.

That it should be included gratis for all?... Okay, I can see that reasoning. I believe what the Flyers are saying is... 'if it means so much to you, you'd be willing to make it one of your selected perks'... which I can also see. At least they did act on it, when confronted with it by the STMs... Now I want the missing Season restored to my Collection.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That it should be included gratis for all?... Okay, I can see that reasoning. I believe what the Flyers are saying is... 'if it means so much to you, you'd be willing to make it one of your selected perks'... which I can also see. At least they did act on it, when confronted with it by the STMs... Now I want the missing Season restored to my Collection.

I have said that they should just charge for it but I would prefer it to be a Tier Two perk.

I don’t think it belongs on the top tier where only people who have had tickets since 2010 and earlier have access to and even then you need to choose that over something like being in the team photo.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I have said that they should just charge for it but I would prefer it to be a Tier Two perk.

I don’t think it belongs on the top tier where only people who have had tickets since 2010 and earlier have access to and even then you need to choose that over something like being in the team photo.

I can't disagree... those are fair points.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Those that are full STH: How many regular season games do you get to a year?

I went to about 33-35 last year. This year will be more in the 25-30 range. I missed a few more earlier this year, but the only game I’m missing for the rest of the year is the Jets game as I’ll be playing a pond hockey tournament.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So how does being in the team picture work?

do they crop you in?
Do they gather everyone who is eligible and you all together take a pic?
Or group by group take a pic with the team?

I’m doing the Lindros one definitely but not sure on the other

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yea I’m not sure I should be a season ticket member anymore haha. Haven’t gotten to many games at all. But we are going to multiple games coming up. I think I’ll have to switch to a weekend package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad