Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Victor Mete, 2-way $775k

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
One year I got Nolan Baumgartner I think.

Came home to a thread that said ‘Clarke signs more slop’
That signing and offseason sealed Clarke's doom the following year along with Hitch....

I remember Baumgartner saying he was surprised and thankful that he was signed to such a generous contract..lol

Reactions: GKJ

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sanheim
York
Seeler
Zamula...needs to clear waivers

"I think we need a vet LHD"...signs Staal

Looks again. I know we have 5 LHD, but I think we need another just in case.

Hi Mete

But don't worry, Zamula and Andrea will 100% be given a legit chançe to make the team. Promise. Torts will give them all the chances in the world.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Andrea will 100% be given a legit chançe to make the team
I’ll allow it.

1688585208070.png

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
So wrt my earlier post in this thread, I didn't realize Mete has played less than 20 AHL games in his pro career. I genuinely thought he spent most of last year in the minors.

That said, this still strikes me as more of minor league signing than anything.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So wrt my earlier post in this thread, I didn't realize Mete has played less than 20 AHL games in his pro career. I genuinely thought he spent most of last year in the minors.

That said, this still strikes me as more of minor league signing than anything.
He signed a 2-way deal so he knows that is probably happening. He probably just wants to play, but in a place where he could see the NHL and he may have a better opportunity after the trade deadline.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Being better than players currently on the roster seems like earning it, yet they refused to play him.
i try not to buy into the torts conspiracy stuff, but it's hard and zamula is a perfect example. I think torts doesn't like him because he plays with some poise and the eye test doesn't make it look like zamula is a go getter or isnt busting his ass out there, kinda like york. i hope this makes sense.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Curious, why is there so much outrage about prospects playing in the NHL, when there is just as much (justified) whining about how bad Torts is for everyone on the team? Is it not better for them to play in all big situations in the minors, on a good team, whether it's coached by Lappy or not? Didn't seem to hinder Foerster or York at all in developing last year.
I would argue, from my end, that I interpet every move by the Flyers as tragic and doomed to failure. I have been trained to think so by 50 years of hearbreak, ineptitude and bad luck.

So, for example, if the Flyers won the lottery and got Bedard, I would say, "Well, he'll hold out or get hurt." If they got the second pick instead, I would say "Look how the Hockey gods, fate, and Gary Bettman hate the Flyers. We would win a Cup if we had gotten Bedard." Either way, I am miserable.

I blame the Flyers for making me this way!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
i try not to buy into the torts conspiracy stuff, but it's hard and zamula is a perfect example. I think torts doesn't like him because he plays with some poise and the eye test doesn't make it look like zamula is a go getter or isnt busting his ass out there, kinda like york. i hope this makes sense.

It's the same reason so many fans thought Carter was a lazy bum who never tried.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Does Victor Mete meet the veteran requirements for the AHL.

Know the Phantoms vets are Wilson, Marody, Brooks and Belpedio not sure if Mete makes 5 vets or not.
I have Belpedio at 308 pro games played.

What constitutes a veteran player?

• Must have played over 320 NHL, AHL or “elite-level” European regular season games
Additionally teams may dress one “veteran-exempt” player – one who has played between 261-320 NHL, AHL or high-level European regular season contests.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Northern Force

Jun 21, 2019
I would argue, from my end, that I interpet every move by the Flyers as tragic and doomed to failure. I have been trained to think so by 50 years of hearbreak, ineptitude and bad luck.

So, for example, if the Flyers won the lottery and got Bedard, I would say, "Well, he'll hold out or get hurt." If they got the second pick instead, I would say "Look how the Hockey gods, fate, and Gary Bettman hate the Flyers. We would win a Cup if we had gotten Bedard." Either way, I am miserable.

I blame the Flyers for making me this way!
Hahaha. Can't say I blame you. Seeing it laid this way makes it easier to understand why most of the board is on the same page.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Just realized that Mete was part of the 2018 Hockey Canada roster under investigation.

I imagine he has been cleared? Otherwise, I can't imagine him being signed without that.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad