Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Victor Mete, 2-way $775k

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mete isn't exactly old (he's what, 26?), and is the type of reclamation depth signing I don't mind on its own. But after Staal and with their inability to trade Sanheim, it's awfully packed on the left for no real reason.

Nothing to reclaim there. He's AHL calibre.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Curious, why is there so much outrage about prospects playing in the NHL, when there is just as much (justified) whining about how bad Torts is for everyone on the team? Is it not better for them to play in all big situations in the minors, on a good team, whether it's coached by Lappy or not? Didn't seem to hinder Foerster or York at all in developing last year.

It's one part of an ideal course the team refuses to follow. Fire Lappy, fire the current coaching staff, fire all of management, replace them with people who understand the sport in 2023, start actually developing and using prospects to get the cap-efficient churn going.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He is 100% better than TDA. If Risto returns to usual form, he's better than him too. I'd also easily take him over Staal.

Even if he wasnt. Of all the upcoming seasons, this would be a good one to simply say f*** it and have a look at various internal options over the whole 82 games. But hey, lets just say F it we already know

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He is 100% better than TDA. If Risto returns to usual form, he's better than him too. I'd also easily take him over Staal.
Not going to argue but about who's better than who.
I will say that he's a total liability defending, always gets caught up ice and out of position and leaves his partner hanging out to dry

Northern Force

Jun 21, 2019
It's one part of an ideal course the team refuses to follow. Fire Lappy, fire the current coaching staff, fire all of management, replace them with people who understand the sport in 2023, start actually developing and using prospects to get the cap-efficient churn going.
Right, that's all fair, and I understand that would easily be the best thing for the team, but it's clearly not happening. Instead of expecting a miracle to happen with them completely clearing house, what would they be best off doing with Torts and Lappy at the helm next year? Having the prospects up under Torts and probably making us better in the standings next year, or keeping them down in the minors where they'll have every opportunity thrown their way?

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Right, that's all fair, and I understand that would easily be the best thing for the team, but it's clearly not happening. Instead of expecting a miracle to happen with them completely clearing house, what would they be best off doing with Torts and Lappy at the helm next year? Having the prospects up under Torts and probably making us better in the standings next year, or keeping them down in the minors where they'll have every opportunity thrown their way?

Having the prospects up. Regardless of coaches, who are shitty for them either way, it remains true that the only way to actually learn how to play in the NHL is to play in the NHL.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Sounds like the others I listed, but way cheaper and still with a chance to get better. Unlike the others.
Makes sense accept Risto is much better on a much worse contract
No where near the grit of Staal and we know the Brass love that
finally, Expect TDA to be gone Saturday

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Makes sense accept Risto is much better on a much worse contract
No where near the grit of Staal and we know the Brass love that
finally, Expect TDA to be gone Saturday

Risto just had his first near-average year of his career. It's more likely he crashes back into the dumpster he's always lived in, in which case he's a worse player on an awful contract.

Staal's grit doesn't make him better; and that's the thing, the brass keeps guys like Zamula down because they suck at evaluation. They think things like Staal are good and necessary, and they are not.

I'm not sure where TDA is going. Carolina doesn't have a spot for him anymore. They signed Orlov instead, which is a way better decision anyway.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Sounds like the others I listed, but way cheaper and still with a chance to get better. Unlike the others.
nah. lets keep doing what we always do..

cuz we having so much success doing it...

oh wait....

I'm not sure where TDA is going. Carolina doesn't have a spot for him anymore. They signed Orlov instead, which is a way better decision anyway.
wait is that true ??

you mean we stuck with the rascist again..

oh boy this should be fun..

i knew Carolina wouldnt wait.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
nah. lets keep doing what we always do..

cuz we having so much success doing it...

oh wait....

wait is that true ??

you mean we stuck with the rascist again..

oh boy this should be fun..

i knew Carolina wouldnt wait.
I think Waddell has said that the deal is still on. Carolina is in on Karlsson, though. I'd imagine that they'd move on in the case that they get him

Reactions: BernieParent

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Risto just had his first near-average year of his career. It's more likely he crashes back into the dumpster he's always lived in, in which case he's a worse player on an awful contract.

Staal's grit doesn't make him better; and that's the thing, the brass keeps guys like Zamula down because they suck at evaluation. They think things like Staal are good and necessary, and they are not.

There were quotes post Orlov from Waddell that the trade was still on. Briere has clammed up though something about not wanting to get slapped by the league for some rule or another.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’ll get the pitchfork out if the prospects don’t play but as of now our D prospects are very thin- Zamula and potential 20 goal Attard. I’d imagine there will be lots of rotations on the back end this year

As far as forwards, I’d like prospects with potential to play in the top 6. I’m not really a fan of throwing Brinks or Foerster with Hathaway and Poehling. Let the plugs kill time on the fourth line. Not really a fan of throwing 3 rookies on a line together either. If guys like Hathaway are being pushed up in the lineup instead of good prospects, then I’ll get the pitchfork out. These signings so far have been a whole bunch of nothing

Reactions: Northern Force

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
While i get that none of these names they've brought on are anything more than depth signings, i am surprised at how much Briere actually did in free agency. Like, how tf are you gonna be more active in heading into your "rebuild" than they were heading into Cuckles' aggressive retool?

pooch

May 30, 2017
While i get that none of these names they've brought on are anything more than depth signings, i am surprised at how much Briere actually did in free agency. Like, how tf are you gonna be more active in heading into your "rebuild" than they were heading into Cuckles' aggressive retool?
I’m hoping it means he anticipates trading away some players who have value for the supposed rebuild.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad