Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Swedish free agent LW Oskar Eklind to one-year ELC

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I don’t see this guy sticking around North America for more than 1 season.

Eklind best passable trait would be his shot which isn’t anything special.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I got to tell ya, I f***in hate that word gritty. When I hear it all I think about is watching paint dry
I've come to hate pretty much every single word that the lazy dipshit hockey media uses to describe players.

It's just cliches and meaningless words to hide the fact that they can't evaluate players to save their lives.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I've seen his play, honestly I don't think he's good enough to be in the nhl, his shot is one of his best attributes and even that isn't good, I mean he has size and throws the body, so I guess that's the appeal

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I've seen his play, honestly I don't think he's good enough to be in the nhl, his shot is one of his best attributes and even that isn't good, I mean he has size and throws the body, so I guess that's the appeal
Sounds like the college kid they signed last week.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Last edited:

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He looks like AHL fodder. I’m sure they mostly just love his size.

Wait…..

sddefault.jpg

@landsbergfan @FLYguy3911 — we back up
Is that pre-Crisco Flahr?

Reactions: BillDineen

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He's 25 and played more games in the second division so far, 0.36 ppg in both first Swedish divisions. Unless he's the fastest learner in hockey he's not sniffing the NHL.
U do realise that Raffl, Patrik Berglund, OEL and Backlund went from the swedish second division straight to NHL and did good?

So  not the new Raffl?
Raffl is much better, sorry.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I checked luleå fans forum, this is what they said about him.

translated from swedish to english

"Of course he has scored a lot of goals, but in the rest of the game I don't think he delivers at all anymore."

"Not delivered in goals or recently, Has scored 2 goals in the last 20? Surprised if he gets an NHL contract."

"It's just naive to think that with that club technique and puck handling he would even be considering an NHL contract"

"Eklind !!If, against all odds, you were to read what we fans think of your performance against Örebro yesterday, you would rightfully be ashamed.Stop loitering around on the ice, take care of yourself physically and don't let opponents who weigh 20 kg less than you move you, show your heart and f*** it.."

"Can actually agree a bit, with that size he has to ask some questions of the opponents! Get a little meaner, step on!The opponents did not hesitate at all and they had the stated goal of playing physically on us in EVERY situation, which it seemed they did."

"Did you see what Keegan Lowe yelled at Eklind after the whistle at 00:33 - "you are f***ing soft"..Eklind lowered his head and left.Away with him. Something is wrong with his head."

"Suits Eklind quite well though, he is extremely soft for his size,"

No points in the playoffs so maybe Swedish playoff hockey is different. :sarcasm:
It is, more physical than regular season, but not as much as in NA where there is smaller rinks

Last edited:

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Awesome. Sounds like a total waste of a contract. Did Briere even look into this one himself or did he just sign whatever came across his desk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad