Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Ryan Poehling, 1 x $1.4m

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Tippett being chosen to "develop" as a PKer over Frost, at Torts' behest, last season tells me all I need to know. They have their scouts, they have their AHL coach -- these guys watched him as a dangerous PKer. And all options are preferred, even Deslauriers. That Frost graded as their best PKer in a tiny 15 minute sample wasn't surprising. It's just pigeonholing a player.
Deslauriers is our best player, he fights and he hits.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I mean if you’re going to sign a 4th line PKer for John Tortorella…….better this than other options. No term (shoutout Deslauriers) and you can pretend there’s a smidgen of upside. I liked Poehling as a draft eligible, been a disappointment though.

I just want to add: will this genius crew ever consider Frost on the PK? You know, the high end CHL/AHL PKer?
What? Frost is small, so he's poor defensively

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I remember Poehling's first game when he got a hattrick. Sadly that was his career highlight.
And a shootout goal, which I believe was the GWG. Maybe Briere is reuniting Poehling with his Habs linemate Nic Deslauriers to reopen that magic scoring touch. ;)

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
I really dont understand how they want morgan frost to fail. they torture him constantly and are hindering his development. It's like he is an affront to the game of hockey when he is just a kid who can skate and move the puck. Should easily be a solid2C/elite3C and running the PK with farabee.

This is why the Ducks will lap us. everything about their young players screams fun. hockey is a game, its fun, its not war.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tippett being chosen to "develop" as a PKer over Frost, at Torts' behest, last season tells me all I need to know. They have their scouts, they have their AHL coach -- these guys watched him as a dangerous PKer. And all options are preferred, even Deslauriers. That Frost graded as their best PKer in a tiny 15 minute sample wasn't surprising. It's just pigeonholing a player.

Creative Bois can't PK

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they didn't want Frost playing too many minutes, he's already had one serious injury and isn't the strongest guy out there.
Tippett on the other hand, is a horse, so Torts probably felt comfortable pushing him.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ok, the Hathaway signing makes less sense now that I see this.

This is giving me 2020 deadline flashbacks. One was fine. Did they need both?

Almost everything that this team does in the way of roster moves, makes no sense. But I’m guessing they are planning on offloading Laughton at some point this season. They have to be… right? RIGHT?!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ok, the Hathaway signing makes less sense now that I see this.

This is giving me 2020 deadline flashbacks. One was fine. Did they need both?
Depends what else they do, for example, if they trade Laughton, these moves make a lot of sense, replace him on the PK.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I really dont understand how they want morgan frost to fail. they torture him constantly and are hindering his development. It's like he is an affront to the game of hockey when he is just a kid who can skate and move the puck. Should easily be a solid2C/elite3C and running the PK with farabee.

This is why the Ducks will lap us. everything about their young players screams fun. hockey is a game, its fun, its not war.
It's all part of the " we first break players down and then build them back up " thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad