Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign RW Colin McDonald, 1 year 2-way

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Dave Hakstol is not Craig Berube, he could want a different 4th line. And McDonald could outplay Vandevelde in training camp. There is certainly a chance.

Yeah, exactly. The way I see it is that McDonald is a better player anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if he establishes himself on the fourth line over VandeVelde. I guess we'll see how it plays out, though.

VV can kill penalties and played under Hakstol for four years. I'd be shocked if McDonald made it over him and I don't think he's better.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
If properly motivated, McDonald can be an effective bottom six guy - preferably on fourth line.

Has better hands that most would realize - once scored 42 goals in AHL. Would occasionally score type of goal that you shake your head and wonder why he couldn't score a little more. A decent role player who plays physical a game.

Supposedly and very liked player in the locker room.

Decent depth signing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He actually had 8 points in 18 NHL games last year. I think he will get a fair shot to make the roster. He probably won't, but I don't think he is an automatic AHL'er.

I do think that McDonald and Brent should be given a fair shake to unseat Vandevelde and Bellemare on the 4th line.

Not sure that they will be given a legit chance, though.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
Colon "Blow" McDonald

If properly motivated, McDonald can be an effective bottom six guy - preferably on fourth line.

Has better hands that most would realize - once scored 42 goals in AHL. Would occasionally score type of goal that you shake your head and wonder why he couldn't score a little more. A decent role player who plays physical a game.

Supposedly and very liked player in the locker room. Brayden Schenn

Decent depth signing.

Are you kidding! LOL! A fourth line player? Where? The AHL? The ECHL? The local beer league?

I guess Flyers fans forgot his cupcake check on Sean Couturier that led to Brayden Schenn's winning goal with 2.3 seconds left and which would have given the Isles home ice against the Caps. After seeing McDonald stink it up the last two or three years, I would have personally driven Colon Blow to the bus station with a one way ticket. I was hoping that the Ranger$$$ would have sign him so he could to do them what he's did for the Isles: rack up a high minus in the +/-.......

If Colin McDonald plays any minutes for the Flyers, you better pray that Hextell doesn't trade the Flyers 1st round pick because it going to be a lottery pick!

SchennSational1022*

Are you kidding! LOL! A fourth line player? Where? The AHL? The ECHL? The local beer league?

I guess Flyers fans forgot his cupcake check on Sean Couturier that led to Brayden Schenn's winning goal with 2.3 seconds left and which would have given the Isles home ice against the Caps. After seeing McDonald stink it up the last two or three years, I would have personally driven Colon Blow to the bus station with a one way ticket. I was hoping that the Ranger$$$ would have sign him so he could to do them what he's did for the Isles: rack up a high minus in the +/-.......

If Colin McDonald plays any minutes for the Flyers, you better pray that Hextell doesn't trade the Flyers 1st round pick because it going to be a lottery pick!

Good insight, that last paragraph is really something :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I seriously doubt the guy plays enough to make an impact like that if he even plays at all.

He played 20 games total last year with the Isles I would bet good money he doesn't come close to that with the Flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All this talk about a guy who might play 10 games due to injuries if he's lucky. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad