Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Mark Streit to a multi-year deal [4 yrs, $21m; $5.25 AAV] (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I can only see one scenario where all three of Couts, Schenn and Read finish the season in the Flyers uniform which is if Homer can get Streit signed for reasonable money and term as a stopgap to fix the defense for a couple of years.

Solid move so far.... and at least Homer has abandoned his natural habit of giving away 2nd rounders.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is the only way I'm okay with this. I thought Streit's "demands" or whatever you would like to call them were pretty steep no?

The contract is going to be ugly but if it allows the Flyers to keep Couturier and Schenn it is worth the salary cap LTIR dance.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
We all know he's getting a 3-4 year deal, so get the boohooing out of the way now.

:laugh:

Exact thought went through my head. I will loathe a long term deal and worry about a serious injury on a guy with a 35+ contact or sudden desire to retire, but crying about the length will do exactly zero good. Already spoke my peace on it.

Nuclear

Jun 15, 2004
PA
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Hello, defense!

I like it a lot. If Coburn goes back to his original form and Schenn continues to improve, then it should be quite the upgrade.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Hartnell (4.75) - Giroux (3.75) - Voracek (4.25)
Schenn (0.90) - Couturier (0.93) - Simmonds (3.98)
xxxxxxxxxx - Laughton (0.93) - Read (0.90)
Rinaldo (0.75) - xxxxxxxxxx - Talbot (1.75)
Rosehill (0.68)

Timonen (6.00) - Schenn (3.60)
Streit (5.50) - Coburn (4.50)
Gustafsson (1.30) - Grossmann (3.50)
Gervais (0.83)

Mason (1.50)
xxxxxxxxxx

TOTAL: 50.30
CAP: 64.30
SPACE: 14.00

BUYOUT: Briere, Bryzgalov
LTIR: Pronger
DUMP: Meszaros

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Hello, defense!

... Move Mesz then... or maybe involve Coburn in a deal and hope Mesz can stay healthy? Mesz may be hard to move with his recent injury record, but is too high a Cap Hit to have as a depth D-man... I like him when healthy, but he is sadly a concern at this point. He is $4M for one more season ('13-14) upon which time he becomes a UFA... If Compliance BuyOut was decided to be open by the Flyers, and he was deemed healthy I suppose he could be used as a one year CBO, but that's kinda wasteful. He is a dilemma no with Steit possibly in the Flyers future as I see it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The contract is going to be ugly but if it allows the Flyers to keep Couturier and Schenn it is worth the salary cap LTIR dance.

Yup. I hope they don't overpay, but keeping Couturier and Schenn is more important.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
The 4th is nothing. Might be able to get better than that for Mez. It's the contract that is worrisome. Also: Good locker guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad