Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Ivan Fedotov To One Year Deal (May 2022); May 2023 update: could return to CSKA per reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just going to preemptively say... let's keep this non-political.

This forum:

lord-of-the-rings-no.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
If the Russians are going to start pulling this kind of shit, kick all of them out of the NHL. None of this crap where the Commies start to pick and choose who plays in NA again. This isn't 1970.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So are we heading back to the old days of guys sneaking out of the country and defecting? This will assuredly kill some of the higher profile Russian player's stock in the upcoming draft, no?

Reactions: renberg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm not going to pretend that I know the ins and outs of legitimacy of Russian websites but... here's an article from Sport-Express.

According to "SE", the goalkeeper of "Philadelphia" and the Russian national team Ivan Fedotov was detained in St. Petersburg by the military registration and enlistment office.

The reason for the incident is still unknown.

Recall that the 25-year-old Fedotov as part of CSKA won the Gagarin Cup in the spring, after which he signed a contract with the Flyers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Operatives of the criminal investigation department met the goalkeeper of the CSKA hockey team and the Russian national team Ivan Fedotov in Kupchino, at the exit from the ice arena, and invited him to go to the military registration and enlistment office.
Fedotov did not argue.
Recall that groups of operatives of the criminal investigation department, and some together with SOBR officers, took up waiting positions in different parts of St. Petersburg on the morning of July 1, where Ivan Fedotov could appear.
According to our publication, the request to the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region came from the military prosecutor's office, where, as we were told, "there are sufficient grounds to consider Fedotov an army evader." That is, he has in the future article 328 of the Criminal Code “Evasion of military or alternative civilian service” (up to two years). As for the initiator - the military prosecutor's office, the logic here is clear - Ivan Fedotov is a member of the HC CSKA, that is, formally a military man.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

They probably just want a pay-out from the Flyers before letting him go. Scumbags.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Jeez. More info.

paging @CSKA1974

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Jeez. More info.

The article I posted from that website says that they detained him after leaving the arena.

Who knows if any of this is true or not but...

Reactions: BiggE and Appleyard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad