Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Ivan Fedotov To One Year Deal (May 2022); May 2023 update: could return to CSKA per reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nice. I wonder if the hope is to flip him if he plays well or have a Hart/Fedotov tandem for the next however many years. I will stereotype Russian hockey players here but I imagine he won't want to be here long term if he isn't the starter.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Does he flop now that he will be closer to the black void of Flyers development or will he demand a trade after being treated unfairly by the morons on the coaching staff?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With his production in the khl it isn't out of the question that we find ourselves in a price/halak situation. That's the dream anyway.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
You do know that Dostoevsky was an anti-Semite like Wagner? Maybe more so.
Thought you were talking about Drozdetsky the Flyers 3rd round pick in 2000. According to our scout at the time we supposedly "hit a home run" with that pick

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Pretty sure he's only eligible for a 1 year ELC due to his age
I think so, too. According to this site, players aged 24+ need to sign one-year deals. I was looking this up to check on another bit of brilliant insight by Sam Carchidi.

$925,000 is the maximum allowable that Fletcher could have offered Fedotov, correct? Plus, his salary could go as high as $1.1 million if Fedotov hits his $175,000 in bonuses. CapFriendly doesn't specify the details for his signing bonuses. It's fair but not a bargain.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
The expectation that Ryan Ellis is going to be a consistent contributor next season is wild.

He didn't get surgery and missed an entire season of hockey.

The Flyers should be around the same level of talent next season.

This is what makes the next coach interesting. Are the Flyers even an attractive job? We may luck into getting a good young coach that is blocked out by the AVs and Tortorellas of the world.

Reactions: dats81

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Fedotov was interviewed by Matchtv.ru regarding his departure to North America

Q: Your contract is just for 1 year. How important for you is building NHL career by going through all the difficulties?
A: It's just a formality for me to make a step there. They will realize who I am, Everything will become clear when I get there. This contract was suitable for me and them as a trial and then sign a multi year contract. I do not have any illusions, but had I felt that I was not good enough for the NHL, I would not have even started.

Q: The game is totally different there, aren't you afraid of relearning?
A: It's more interesting. I need to make this step or I will not be sleeping well at night. I do not need a zone of comfort - I will leave it for retirement. If you slow down, you might get fraught . If you loosen your efforts- everything will be lost. It's a golden rule in our business.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't know how good he'll be until he plays, but top KHL goaltenders have a pretty good NHL track record.
And he's steadily improved the last three seasons, to the point where he dominated the KHL playoffs - goalies who play better when the pressure ratchets up (talkin' to you Bob) are worth their weight in goal.

One reason I'm patient with Hart was his 2019-20 playoff performance - he didn't wilt on the big stage.
Health and consistency are his big questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad