Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Free Agent RW Aaron Palushaj (5-11, 188 lbs)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Interesting. I get the feeling we are going to see a lot of trades this offseason. I'm thinking Read and one of Couturier or Schenn may get the axe, along with half the defense (not related to this move, just in general). I like this move either way, solid depth player callup from ADK I would imagine.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
This means one of two things in my opinion. 1. He could've just really hated playing in Russia and would do anything to get back into North America, even if it meant playing in the AHL. Or 2. He was told that he would have a good chance at getting a spot out of training camp. Number one is much more likely but something gives me the feeling that something is happening that will allow him to have some sort of opportunity at the NHL-level, even if it's as an injury replacement.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He had 58 points in his last AHL season in 13-14. It might mean they are moving on from Andrew Gordon.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Didnt Hex yesterday they were looking at a forward? (Or something like that). I was hoping for a NHL forward not AHL but oh wells. (Sits and refreshes for a Zaitsev update)

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
Likely means one of Akeson, Gordon, or Jones isn't coming back. Nothing more than an AHL filler who might get a couple of NHL games at most.

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe Hextall brought him in as a potential NHL player though if he thinks it'll fit Hakstol's system. It's really just a guessing game at this point but I'm thinking you're right. Can't help but be hopeful for him to impress and make the team though.

pdg123

Apr 21, 2015
If anything can be said for Palushaj, he had only played 68 games over four years. He didn't have the PDO necessary for a prospect to stay around and that made him a fringe player. His skill won't translate at NHL level but he's a pretty decent possession forward who would probably be a positive addition to the fourth line, replacing VandeVelde

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
This means one of two things in my opinion. 1. He could've just really hated playing in Russia and would do anything to get back into North America, even if it meant playing in the AHL. Or 2. He was told that he would have a good chance at getting a spot out of training camp. Number one is much more likely but something gives me the feeling that something is happening that will allow him to have some sort of opportunity at the NHL-level, even if it's as an injury replacement.

There is this to consider too:

‏@Natalia_Phila
@davegisaac Rouble is now half of what it was worth a year ago. Noone wants to get 50% pay cut.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
Phantoms need help scoring. would help if they got players who stayed out of the box all the time.

I went to 6 or 7 games and you're absolutely right. Guys like Hextall, Rosehill, and Stortini were in the box more than they were out of it when I was there. I don't know if that was just by my luck but I'm guessing with Rosehill and Stortini's track record their penalty minutes for the season would reflect that too. Palushaj definitely seems like more of a skill guy than an enforcer though so he should help in Allentown.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This must mean they see one of Martel or Bardreau as a pro centre.

Phantoms wings are pretty decent in terms of number of players.

They have Akeson, Gordon, Jones, Rosehill, & Stortini up for new contracts so I don't think it means anything in regards to where Martel or Bardreau play. I think Palushja is just a replacement for one of the first three guys.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
But of all those players you listed, only Jones is a center. Maybe I'm missing someone, but if Laughton is going to be on the Flyers then the only signed center the Phantoms have is Cousins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad