Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Dale Weise 4 x $2.35

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Here's one of my favourite clip of him...instant fan favourite after that for everyone. He was much more than just that clip though, he did a lot during that series.

Last edited:

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
This one is amazing :laugh:

canadiens-fan.gif

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Weise isn't scoring 20 goals, if he does I'll go see my barber and ask him to shave his name into my head.

Give him Giroux (or Couturier) full-time, and most likely he will end up with 15-20 goals. Of course his main thing isn't scoring goals, but he most certainly is able to score 20 goals. He will be a good middle-six guy.

Great signing, I've always liked him.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
One thing that concerns me about Weise is that his only real 3rd line production came from two season in Montreal. Everywhere else in the rest of his career, including Chicago last season, his production is almost nil. I didn't see him play much so I can't speak to which is more accurate of him, but if he can produce like he did in Montreal then an awesome deal. If not, bad deal. Pretty straightforward really. For the record though, I'd bet on the former instead of the latter if I had to bet.

Weise turned a lucky season into a 4 year deal. Two years from now he'll be a really overpaid 4th liner when Aube-Kubel, Konecny and Lindblom enter the roster. Not a fan of Weise and not expecting much.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I watched him play 8 or 10 times last two years and although he may only score 12 or 15 goals he was always noticeable in a good way. I remember thinking that I would really like him on the Flyers. Four years is too long and maybe a little too much cash but I think we will enjoy waching him.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Pk depth and pushes vdv down to 13th forward. Another guy who can move around the lineup like raffl and read. The deal isnt a steal but its not gonna kill us either. I like it.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
from a habs fan

always appreciated weise can play up or down inthe line up
can score important goals and has suprising speed and hockey iQ
good signing

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
from a habs fan

always appreciated weise can play up or down inthe line up
can score important goals and has suprising speed and hockey iQ
good signing

Thanks for your input. I saw a lot of Weise while he was on the Canadiens, and agree with your assessment. Like I posted previously about him, though, he seemed to become too reliant on his goal-scoring rather than being an all-around player who scored a fair share of goals near the end of his time on the Habs.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Thanks for your input. I saw a lot of Weise while he was on the Canadiens, and agree with your assessment. Like I posted previously about him, though, he seemed to become too reliant on his goal-scoring rather than being an all-around player who scored a fair share of goals near the end of his time on the Habs.

i will put that one on the miserable inept habs coaching and management
they put him in game situations making him beleive that he was top line player and stopped doing things that yeilded success for him
reality check in chicago stint...his nose is now re centered
good pick up low cap hit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And if after Year 1, Weise isn't working out, he would be a good candidate for expansion.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Try him in the Simmonds spot as a RH shot on PP2. With G's PK time eliminated, he could play the full 2min now and then as well.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Not knowing his age, I was thinking he was 29-30ish with some of the things said about the term. He's 27!!!! He improves the bottom 6 which is something they needed and we knew they weren't going to make a big splash. It seems like this is the perfect signing, all things considered. This isn't Hartnell long term, a 31yo 3/4th liner making 2.35 in 4 years won't hurt.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Here's one of my favourite clip of him...instant fan favourite after that for everyone. He was much more than just that clip though, he did a lot during that series.

Yeah I remember this when it was going down. :laugh:

I was just telling my buddy Weise would be a good fit on this team, glad Hexy thinks so too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The interesting thing about Weise is that he literally had to fight to catch on in the league before getting to Montreal despite being really horrible at it. He was a pretty solid offensive contributor in the AHL before stints in New York & Vancouver where he was basically just used as an energy/goon type of player mostly. Montreal was really the first team to give him shot to expand that role into something that can be useful & he took advantage of it,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad