Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Chris Stewart To One Way Deal ($750k Base + $50k Bonus)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
cu7yYag.gif

Just one player. Shouldn't even matter.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I knew this was going to happen from the day they signed him to a PTO and yet a bunch of us were mocked for fearing it.

Never underestimate retread NHL dinosaurs ability and desire to slop up their roster with junk.

This has got to be one of the most egregious examples of that in recent memory though. Dude was by all accounts a poor player in the ENGLISH league a year ago. That’s pretty mind boggling when you get down to it

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I never worried about Stewart for a second.

If Stewart playing 8 minutes is the difference between making or not making the playoffs, who cares - b/c that's a team that will get rolled in the 1st round, been there, done that.
Stewart isn't blocking anyone with a two way deal.
Heck, Andreoff's 2yr/$1.5M deal didn't keep him out of LHV.

My suspicion is that Stewart will spend home games in LHV and be mostly in the press box on the road, unless they're playing a physical team.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I knew this was going to happen from the day they signed him to a PTO and yet a bunch of us were mocked for fearing it.

Never underestimate retread NHL dinosaurs ability and desire to slop up their roster with junk.

This has got to be one of the most egregious examples of that in recent memory though. Dude was by all accounts a poor player in the ENGLISH league a year ago. That’s pretty mind boggling when you get down to it

Yeah but he scored 10 goals in the NHL two years ago.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I never worried about Stewart for a second.

If Stewart playing 8 minutes is the difference between making or not making the playoffs, who cares - b/c that's a team that will get rolled in the 1st round, been there, done that.
Stewart isn't blocking anyone with a two way deal.
Heck, Andreoff's 2yr/$1.5M deal didn't keep him out of LHV.

My suspicion is that Stewart will spend home games in LHV and be mostly in the press box on the road, unless they're playing a physical team.

If it doesn’t matter, then why add him. This team is stacked up with fringe bottom of the lineup guys all over the org.

This justification is awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad