Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Bemidji State F Matt Read

MichaelRaffl

Aug 13, 2009
Vilnius
anyone have the stats comparing read to the other college players coveted the same year he was signed? genoway, costa, thompson

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
As for Read, the guy can play. I think Flyer fans will like him. He's got a bit of skill but still carries some sandpaper in his game. As has been mentioned, he's a great leader and you won't see him taking a shift off. Believe me, you could do a lot worse for a bottom sixer. Hope he works out for you guys. Being a WCHA fan and with the Wild having him in for a few camps, we've seen a lot of Read.

This guy nailed it. Props to him.

Read has been the Flyers best and most consistent player all season (besides Mason), in my opinion.

Matt Read: Good Signing.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's funny how this originally started as a thread about signing Read and quickly turned into how everyone wishes it would have been Da Costa who can't even stick in the NHL while Read is one of the most valuable player on the Flyers IMO. I guess sometime Homer gets things right.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
anyone have the stats comparing read to the other college players coveted the same year he was signed? genoway, costa, thompson

Da Costa has 7 points in 39 games spread over 3 seasons. He's likely an AHLer who is a first call up guy but likely won't ever stick at the NHL level.

Genoway is an average/below average AHL player. 25 points last season and only 2 so far this year.

Thompson is also an average AHL player averaging less than .5 points per game. The NHL is surely not in his future.

Last edited:

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Matt Read is awesome. I'm so glad he and the a Flyers agreed to the contract they did this offseason. I had a huge fear we would lose him in free agency and it would come back to haunt us.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
i can't believe i said this about him. i want to die.

i love matt read

I use a lot of pepper and some salt on my crow. Hey we have to give credit to the brass when they deserve it. I really thought that weed was going to be a better player for us over Matt. It looks like that line is really clicking together. The added weight has really helped Sean and I can really see why the Flyers picked Steve in the 1st round, it just took him time to mature. I liked Max but dam, Downie brings way more to the dance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad