Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Bemidji State D Will Zmolek to ATO + 1-year ELC

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Someone tell me if I should be excited over this or not.

Also, of course he is 6'4

1) He is a college free agent who agreed to sign with the Flyers, so he is probably not going to be good

2) Fletcher signed him, so he is not going to be good.

I mean, I don't usually mind these kinds of signings, but I am so negative about this team now that I can't see anything panning out for them.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
If Fletcher sign anyone from Minny, or anyone with a dad, granddad, grandma or a uncle who has a uncle who has a friend who played 1 game for the flyers iam sure he has ZERO talent!

And most trades are exactly THIS!

He will be ASS

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I just don’t want to see Fletcher doing anything any more with this franchise when it comes to personnel. He’s messed up too many trades, drafts and signings in the past to warrant being allowed to do any more. At best this kid is an AHLer. At worst he’s a stiff taking up a space on the fifty that could be used for someone more promising.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If Fletcher sign anyone from Minny, or anyone with a dad, granddad, grandma or a uncle who has a uncle who has a friend who played 1 game for the flyers iam sure he has ZERO talent!

And most trades are exactly THIS!

He will be ASS
Seeler's fans are angered.
He is glue after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
The Flyers are the land of the 25 year old prospect
flyers new prospects

Muppets Statler And Waldorf GIF - Muppets Muppet Statler And Waldorf GIFs

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
The good news, is this contract counts against the 50 next year, and is only a single year. It doesn't prevent us from taking shots at the higher end free agents to end the season. Max ELC bonuses and burning a year is still easy to do.
It's actually an ATO with the Phantoms this year and an ELC for next year,

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Where does he rank on the college free agents from Minnesota list though?
They are all tied for #1

Are there any actually good NCAA UFAs hitting the market this year? Not that the Flyers would be interested in them or that they would sign here, just wondering if there's a Matt Read or legendary Stephane Da Costa among them?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Are there ever any good NCAA UFAs?
I remember when Jimmy Vesey got all that hype.
Basically a cheap way to add AHL + players.

Reactions: Pantokrator

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Are there ever any good NCAA UFAs?
I remember when Jimmy Vesey got all that hype.
Basically a cheap way to add AHL + players.
Matt Read is an example of a decent wing that was a college UFA.

Adam Oates, Blake Wheeler, Ed Belfour, and Joe Mullen all made a long careers as one.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Matt Read is an example of a decent wing that was a college UFA.

Adam Oates, Blake Wheeler, Ed Belfour, and Joe Mullen all made a long careers as one.
Over how many decades?

Point is they're long shots. About as long as CHL free agents.

A better bet are players who refuse to sign with the team that drafted them, even so, as we've seen with Marody and Kalynuk, odds are still long unless you're talking someone like Fox.

Reactions: Pantokrator

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Over how many decades?

Point is they're long shots. About as long as CHL free agents.

A better bet are players who refuse to sign with the team that drafted them, even so, as we've seen with Marody and Kalynuk, odds are still long unless you're talking someone like Fox.
The question you asked was "are there ever" that's a very specific question. I named four with a quick search... take your L

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
It's actually an ATO with the Phantoms this year and an ELC for next year,
That's what I mean when it won't hit the 50 this year. It doesn't hurt us approaching the high end NCAA free agents that are more likely to want to burn a pro year from their ELC. Think back to Alex Lyon sitting on the roster. That contract did count against the current 50.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can we release this Minnesota scrub now that Chuckles is gone?

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
It must be an incredible honor for Will Zmolek to forever be Chuck’s last gift to the Flyer’s organization.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One last favor from Chuck to a Minnesota connection. Guessing he developed a relationship with his Dad, who played for the North Stars, while he was GM of the Wild. Chuck really was the most generous GM around.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad