Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Bemidji State D Will Zmolek to ATO + 1-year ELC

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
His father, Doug Zmolek, was drafted by the Minnesota North Stars in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1989 NHL Draft and played eight seasons in the NHL (1992-2000) with San Jose, Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago.​
Are you freaking kidding me.... FIRE FLETCHER F'N TODAY

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Someone tell me if I should be excited over this or not.

Also, of course he is 6'4
Even the best college free agents are often fringe NHLers so no, probably not. Seen Bemidji fans on Twitter hoping he’d get just an AHL/ECHL contract so probably telling. This seems to be up the Hunter McDonald alley.

Right handed
Nope.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
His father, Doug Zmolek, was drafted by the Minnesota North Stars in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1989 NHL Draft and played eight seasons in the NHL (1992-2000) with San Jose, Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago.​
Are you freaking kidding me.... FIRE FLETCHER F'N TODAY
I don’t see that as a connection.

I guess it’s right-side not right-handed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You should pick up big defense first defenseman as late round picks and free agents, when you start using high picks for them the opportunity cost is larger.

So I have no issue with McDonald or this signing, you're more likely to develop these types into capable 3rd pair D-men if you're patient with them.

Not a lot of upside, but no cost either.

But note that Kalynuk is bouncing around the AHL, so going for "skill" late in the draft doesn't seem to work out very often, with someone like Bratt the rare exception (and now that GMs understand player value with the new rules, a player with his profile probably wouldn't make it out of the top 100 ).

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Story of Fletcher’s life.

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You should pick up big defense first defenseman as late round picks and free agents, when you start using high picks for them the opportunity cost is larger.

So I have no issue with McDonald or this signing, you're more likely to develop these types into capable 3rd pair D-men if you're patient with them.

Not a lot of upside, but no cost either.

But note that Kalynuk is bouncing around the AHL, so going for "skill" late in the draft doesn't seem to work out very often, with someone like Bratt the rare exception (and now that GMs understand player value with the new rules, a player with his profile probably wouldn't make it out of the top 100 ).
McDonald is actually looking like he might be a prospect for a 6th rd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad