Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Another Erik Gustafsson 1 Year $3M AAV [will wear #56]

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Luke Schenn played 11 playoff games for Tampa.

They traded a 1st for Goodrow.
Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that other organizations make mistakes. You mean to tell me that other organizations have to play guys in their top six that aren't all that good. To top it off, you mean to tell me that the organization you are talking about in this case just won the cup. Can't be.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
We had the luxury of having better options. We had the disadvantage of having a coach who wanted to use the worse options.

Which players on TB and NYI were playing in place of superior options?
I know islander fans were very upset that Dodson wasn’t playing. Also, extremely upset walstrom and bellows not only weren’t playing but didn’t even get to the bubble.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We had the luxury of having better options. We had the disadvantage of having a coach who wanted to use the worse options.

Which players on TB and NYI were playing in place of superior options?

And a couple guys, played ahead of Kucherov, which I noted above.
37 year old Andy Greene played ahead of Dobson, now you're not going to argue Greene is more talented, are you?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
H91iMnE.gif

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You’re trying to avoid the big picture, which is that all teams play shitty depth players, even the best team in the league.
Just like you're avoiding my question, which points out that tampa played their shitty player in 40% of their playoff games, and the flyers almost doubled that by playing Hagg in 75% of theirs. Do you think that's good bench management?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Luke Schenn played 11 playoff games for Tampa.

They traded a 1st for Goodrow.
They also have kucherov, vasi, Hedman, stamkos, point, great players on their 2nd/3rd lines. They can afford duds on the team to be carried like they have. We don’t have that luxury cus we don’t have elite talent.

Reactions: MorgantiDrinksBlood

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
They also have kucherov, vasi, Hedman, stamkos, point, great players on their 2nd/3rd lines. They can afford duds on the team to be carried like they have. We don’t have that luxury cus we don’t have elite talent.

And I don’t foresee elite talent anywhere anytime soon, a balanced roster is all we can hope for I guess. It’s fun being a Flyers fan. I guess you could say Frost has the potential but “elite” highly unlikely.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And I don’t foresee elite talent anywhere anytime soon, a balanced roster is all we can hope for I guess. It’s fun being a Flyers fan. I guess you could say Frost has the potential but “elite” highly unlikely.

The Blues just won the Cup last year without a superstar. Depth, system, staying healthy, goaltending, everyone clicking at the right time..can go a long way.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
None linking the Flyers but Hexy should have been in on him at that insanely low price.
could've used a 2018 pick on him.....JAY O FREAKING BRIAN. they got the 2019 which would've bene york but ROR means we don't sign hayes. Later york

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
None linking the Flyers but Hexy should have been in on him at that insanely low price.
Apparent the Flyers had a deal in place for someone at that draft and Hextall backed away upsetting the rest of management. I think Dave Scott mentioned that during one of his interviews after he fired Hextall. The player they were trading for was never named.

Reactions: Rebels57

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It was always weird to me that Hextall wouldn't try everything to get O'Reilly. Hextall is the kind of guy who would build a roster entirely of O'Reillys if he could.

Reactions: Rebels57

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
With the Flyers defense in mind, is Sam Morin still considered a prospect? I know he's already been through a variety of injuries, but will he be given a shot at making the team in the upcoming season?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of course, for all we know, St Louis wanted their pick back, Farabee and ++ for ROR?

What they settled for from STL was not on par with that type of package

The Buffalo Sabres traded Ryan O'Reilly to the St. Louis Blues for forwards Tage Thompson, Patrik Berglund and Vladimir Sobotka, a 1st-round pick in 2019, and a 2nd-round pick in 2021

Berglund and Sobotka were cap dumps too that had negative value too.

Something like Ratcliffe, Laughton, 2018 Flyers 1st (Jay O'Brien) would have been a better package for Buffalo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2