Flyers Season Preview, and Philippe Myers Player to Watch

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We don't consider Mark Alt a promising D prospect anymore. He's behind the also right-handed Mark Friedman at this point. Otherwise, solid article on a very under the radar prospect.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We don't consider Mark Alt a promising D prospect anymore. He's behind the also right-handed Mark Friedman at this point. Otherwise, solid article on a very under the radar prospect.

Is he really an under the radar prospect at this point? Certainly not in these circles but he's even appearing on lists of top hockey writers (I think he was just listed as a top 100 prospect in the entire NHL by someone).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I seriously doubt anybody ranked Alt in a top 100 prospect list. Even if you knew nothing about him you could look at his age & how many years he's been in the system to determine he's very likely not one to write home about.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is he really an under the radar prospect at this point? Certainly not in these circles but he's even appearing on lists of top hockey writers (I think he was just listed as a top 100 prospect in the entire NHL by someone).

Definitely still under-the-radar due to draft status. Hes been better than a lot of D prospects ranked ahead of him because of where they were drafted.

Last edited:

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
The line up in the first link was way off...

I think it's a guess at the opening night lineup without Schenn since he's suspended. Author speaks to it in the body of the article, although I'm not sure they will split up Giroux and Voracek going into the season even if it's just for a couple games.

The defensive pairs look ok for a first pass although not in that order. Hard to say Streit-Schultz is the top pairing when MDZ, Ghost, and Gudas are the three best d-men on the team.

Those are just nitpicks though, overall pretty good summary of where they are at going into camp.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think it's a guess at the opening night lineup without Schenn since he's suspended. Author speaks to it in the body of the article, although I'm not sure they will split up Giroux and Voracek going into the season even if it's just for a couple games.

The defensive pairs look ok for a first pass although not in that order. Hard to say Streit-Schultz is the top pairing when MDZ, Ghost, and Gudas are the three best d-men on the team.

Those are just nitpicks though, overall pretty good summary of where they are at going into camp.

Giroux and Voracek were split up for much of last season.

Virtually zero chance that Schultz-Streit is our top-pairing. MDZ-Gudas or MDZ-Ghost is much more likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad